U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 06:29 AM

4,487 posts, read 4,316,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Shoot, I've seen my share of hot ladies in their 50s. Usually it's due to good genes and diet.
^Exactly. This doesn't exist where I live. It does however exist in big cities. I can't believe how many gorgeous late 40's-50's women there are in New York City, for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 06:46 AM

2,069 posts, read 565,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
^Exactly. This doesn't exist where I live. It does however exist in big cities. I can't believe how many gorgeous late 40's-50's women there are in New York City, for example.
Yeah, for sh*ts and giggles, I had widened my dating profile search to 60. I was like "Holy crap, well, if I'm still single, I have something to look forward to...still. lol"

I have noticed when you get into the suburbs and smaller towns outside the city, people over 40 get comfortable and let themselves go. That's small town livin' for ya.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Yeah, for sh*ts and giggles, I had widened my dating profile search to 60. I was like "Holy crap, well, if I'm still single, I have something to look forward to...still. lol"

I have noticed when you get into the suburbs and smaller towns outside the city, people over 40 get comfortable and let themselves go. That's small town livin' for ya.
Exactly, and it seems every over 50 woman has leather skin here from the sun. NOT attractive. Plus, they don't stay in shape at all. I was at a singles event last Thursday and noticed this. There's just nothing to choose from here.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:12 AM

36,755 posts, read 42,046,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You should learn more about adoption, this post makes it clear you are woefully uninformed
I agree. Fostering and adopting are tossed around fairly easily and flippantly, as if they aren't complex and often expensive procedures.

Quote:
This is not the normal scenario though, and most people who have kids in their 40s don't also have children in their 20s, esp. not ones where they pay for their graduate or professional degree.
I'm in a few online communities geared toward those (mostly mom-focused) parenting babies/small children post-35, the general cut off for advanced maternal age. Granted, these are specifically focused, but they are huge, huge groups, and I was actually surprised at how many women with babies and toddlers in my age group (early 40s), it's their second go-around, after a first wave of parenting earlier in life. It's not as uncommon as you'd think, especially among those who had their first pregnancies quite young.

Quote:
I had my kid in my 40s, and when he was an infant and daycare was ridiculously expensive, I cut back on my retirement savings (although still contributed enough to get 100% of my company match) and then resumed a higher savings rate once he was a toddler and daycare costs when down a bit. Worst case scenario, he could take loans for college - that's not ideal but it's possible. You can't take out a loan for retirement.
Had mine at 38 and 40, and, yes, infant daycare is horrifically expensive (we didn't use it, but I'm well aware of the costs). That said, I'm in far better position to deal with those costs, professional income-speaking, than I would have been if I'd had kids in my twenties, when I was just starting out. One advantage of having kids older is greater financial stability, which, in our case, allowed us greater flexibility with childcare. There are a lot of reasons I didn't choose to have kids younger...being able to afford them was in the mix.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:46 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 23 days ago)

9,811 posts, read 3,727,904 times
Quote:
Shoot, I've seen my share of hot ladies in their 50s. Usually it's due to good genes and diet.
Well, the poster I was responding to hasn't met any of these hot ladies in their 50s. And since he still wants to have kids, it stands to reason he wants a younger woman.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:47 PM

[quote=TabulaRasa;55733034
Had mine at 38 and 40, and, yes, infant daycare is horrifically expensive (we didn't use it, but I'm well aware of the costs). That said, I'm in far better position to deal with those costs, professional income-speaking, than I would have been if I'd had kids in my twenties, when I was just starting out. One advantage of having kids older is greater financial stability, which, in our case, allowed us greater flexibility with childcare. There are a lot of reasons I didn't choose to have kids younger...being able to afford them was in the mix.[/QUOTE]

This. Greater financial stability.

Old 07-22-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Well, the poster I was responding to hasn't met any of these hot ladies in their 50s. And since he still wants to have kids, it stands to reason he wants a younger woman.
That was me. Exactly. I haven't.

Old 07-22-2019, 01:10 PM

99 posts, read 15,688 times
Most of the couples I know had their children when they were older, early to late 30s (and sometimes VERY early 40s). I know very few women or couples who had children in their early/mid 20s. It just seems like it's doggone near impossible to get one's self together, to where kids are doable, before 30. I became a dad at 34

Old 07-22-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Exactly, and it seems every over 50 woman has leather skin here from the sun. NOT attractive. Plus, they don't stay in shape at all. I was at a singles event last Thursday and noticed this. There's just nothing to choose from here.
In the 50+ age range, lots of women from that generation were heavily into tanning. Laying in the sun was a favorite past time for young girls in the 70s, tanning club memberships were very popular in the 80s, 90s. Women weren't considered attractive unless they were heavily suntanned. I was shamed constantly for being pale and told to cover up my legs; women who were pale were told to not even go on the beach. It was crazy. (No wonder we have a skin cancer epidemic). It's very likely these women still believe being tanned will help them attract a man. They are living in the past. These days, men are just as apt to find a pale woman attractive as a darker-skinned one.

Old 07-22-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
In the 50+ age range, lots of women from that generation were heavily into tanning. Laying in the sun was a favorite past time for young girls in the 70s, tanning club memberships were very popular in the 80s, 90s. Women weren't considered attractive unless they were heavily suntanned. I was shamed constantly for being pale and told to cover up my legs; women who were pale were told to not even go on the beach. It was crazy. (No wonder we have a skin cancer epidemic). It's very likely these women still believe being tanned will help them attract a man. They are living in the past. These days, men are just as apt to find a pale woman attractive as a darker-skinned one.
Very true! Hey, I grew up in South Florida and we didn't know any better. I have some damage on my arms and am diligent about sunblock. Have been for 25 years, but the damage is done. But these women are STILL tanning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or