Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 11:50 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,069,460 times

Advertisements

41, in no position logistically or financially to start raising kids. (I'm not really in any kind of position to sustain a relationship, either, sadly.) I would, however, be interested in being a known donor, if I could find the right couple. Ideally a lesbian couple with at least one person of color. We would do it through a lab, of course.

But I'm not sure...I feel like maybe you shouldn't have children, as a man, if you're over 40. I read that the chances of genetic problems increase after 40.

I definitely relate to atlguy. That I've never been in a relationship or had kids makes me sad and lonely as well. I try not to dwell on it too much. At least I lost my virginity at 39, lol. That was a wonderful experience with a wonderful person. It made me feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 02:51 PM

2,530 posts, read 1,862,895 times
As Millennials get older, it will become mainstream to have kids over the age of 40.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:56 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,367 times
And in recent news....this fiasco of a Tweet pops up

https://twitter.com/StefanMolyneux/s...76342476857344

Women get mostly infertile at 40, but live to be 80.

Without a family, what are you going to do with those 40 long long years?

Old 08-03-2019, 10:00 AM

236 posts, read 127,897 times
Op, you're thinking too much about every doggone thing. If you meet somebody,, you meet somebody. If you both want kids, try to conceive and if you do...great! 40 or not. Stop acting like you're 85, confined to your house, with your best days behind you. Got off your butt, get off CD-R if need be, and enjoy the life you were given. I HOPE you do meet somebody and have a kid, so you can reflect on how silly it was to be worried about all of this.

Last edited by PardonTheInterruption; 08-03-2019 at 10:09 AM..

Old 08-04-2019, 05:10 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
And in recent news....this fiasco of a Tweet pops up

https://twitter.com/StefanMolyneux/s...76342476857344

Women get mostly infertile at 40, but live to be 80.

Without a family, what are you going to do with those 40 long long years?
What’s the fiasco part?

The reproductive system is generally a “use it or lose it” proposition for women. Starting at 40 leans towards the latter part of that saying. Never mind the higher likelihood of osteoporosis from more menstrual cycles.

Besides, most families aren’t that tight knit these days, it seems, so those cats better be good company.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:19 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
What’s the fiasco part?

The reproductive system is generally a “use it or lose it” proposition for women. Starting at 40 leans towards the latter part of that saying. Never mind the higher likelihood of osteoporosis from more menstrual cycles.

Besides, most families aren’t that tight knit these days, it seems, so those cats better be good company.
Gotta love a man preaching about what middle aged women "should" be doing with their lives.

Very unimaginative.

Here's some ideas for what a woman can do between the ages of 40 and 80:

Gardening

Building a business or a career

Having a glorious sex life uninterrupted, unhindered and unimpeded by children

Writing a book

Traveling

Studying something new or taking a class

Earning money and investing it

Rescuing or fostering pets

Adopting a child

Spending time with nieces and nephews

Learning a new language

Volunteering

Getting involved in one's community

Reaching a fitness goal like running a marathon

Yes. Clearly children are our only reason for existing.

Last edited by Carly1983; 08-04-2019 at 05:39 PM..

Old 08-04-2019, 05:19 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
What’s the fiasco part?

Because he is saying if we don't have kids, what in the world would we do with ourselves?

Which is a ludicrous question.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-04-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Never mind the higher likelihood of osteoporosis from more menstrual cycles.
All women are at risk of osteoporosis. Pregnancy draws heavily from a woman's own calcium deposits. This is why doctors recommend that women leave a few years between pregnancies to restore their own calcium stores.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
What’s the fiasco part?

The fiasco is that that guy is a white supremacist and male supremacist. He thinks woman should be mothers because that's what male supremacists espouse - they believe that womens' value is only in their sexual and reproductive capacity

Old 08-07-2019, 09:08 PM

18 posts, read 9,506 times
Sure.'m highly educated, have a choice of careers if I get bored, I I could all those things and yet, I'd give it all away right now to be pregnant. Glorious sex life? wait til your vagina gets so tight you think you've had a new one ripped.

I don't know, people: having a child is an investment in the future of a really different kind. It's the zen garden (I don't mean quiet) of those who came to hate being selfish; if it does not appeal to you, don't diss it. It's not about "occupying" your time, or seeming glamorous so people envy you. I have not read the (apparently) terrible comment, but you all are comparing apples and oranges. BTW: adopting a child is HARD, and can cost more, and take longer than IVF. If anyone wants to trade a a foetus for a kidney, let's go!
-not a man, past forty and not preaching how anyone should live (except for that "don't diss it! part)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships