U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:47 AM

43,419 posts, read 41,942,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie19 View Post

Hey its a call center.
Of course. Makes sense. Those places are like the Wild West.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
That's not entirely true, because based on your earlier post, one of his mom's friends made a derogatory comment about you two together, and THAT'S when you decided to make it "private". So it's certainly not ALL family and friends as you've been trying to imply in this thread.

Let's keep it real here.
Yup.

Old Today, 08:19 AM

16,113 posts, read 12,863,194 times
Quote:
Any of you dating a much younger man or am i in the wrong forum ?
There is no forum for adults who date kids.

I am 42 and have a 25 year old pursuing me heavily (for sex only). I could never do it, I would feel like a pedophile. I feel so much older, wiser, and dominant over him because I have life experience and knowledge a young kid just cannot have. He has kids, has his own business but still - he is a kid.

If you think you and your "boyfriend" are on the same level, you either must have lived in a shed for 20 years or are way behind in your development. Have you been diagnosed with a mental disease?

Old Today, 08:23 AM

36,698 posts, read 41,969,946 times
It's weird, isn't it, how a guy, forty-ish, with a woman in her twenties is so comparatively rarely told that he must be mentally ill?

Old Today, 08:41 AM

19,837 posts, read 19,927,191 times
So what if it isn't 'forever'? How many enjoyable relationships are?
As long as OP is realistic about the probable fact that is not a 'forever' thing, why shouldn't they enjoy what they do have for as long as it lasts?
What about it Blondie? Is "for now" acceptable to you ? If not, then the ones discouraging you are more than likely right. Not necessarily, but more likely

Old Today, 08:41 AM

56,186 posts, read 54,646,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Yes, it happens. BUT in OP case her "BF" is keeping their "relationship" secret. So, obviously, HE thinks that there IS something inappropriate or even shameful about it, or he isn't in love, or he isn't serious, or ALL of the above.
OP, in contrary, is enamored and infatuated with his youth, good sex and a boy who probably is easy to manipulate.
THIS is completely different from the scenarios you described.
Yes, that's true. There are a lot more issues here than just the age gap.

Old Today, 09:09 AM

29 posts, read 200 times
I don't have children by choice.Was married three times.Yes i still can have children.He is not ready.Wants to pursue music industry.He loves being intimate with me.I really should not ask for help here when my friends know him and me.I used to like his best friend that was my age and he got gelous

Old Today, 09:10 AM

43,419 posts, read 41,942,096 times
Quote:
I don't have children by choice.Was married three times.Yes i still can have children.He is not ready.Wants to pursue music industry.He loves being intimate with me.I really should not ask for help here when my friends know him and me.I used to like his best friend that was my age and he got gelous
What is the second job he has?

Have you ever been there? I bet he flirts his *** off there.

Old Today, 09:23 AM

1,553 posts, read 695,751 times
Quote:
He loves being intimate with me.I really should not ask for help here when my friends know him and me.
Of course, he loves being intimate with you. Most guys his age DO love sex, and THAT is probably what's propelling most of this "relationship", considering the continued secrecy of it.

And your friends aren't exactly able to give you unbiased viewpoints, because from what you've told us, they're also in relationships with men a lot younger than themselves.

Just enjoy this for what it is until it ends.

Old Today, 09:31 AM

7,457 posts, read 2,947,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's weird, isn't it, how a guy, forty-ish, with a woman in her twenties is so comparatively rarely told that he must be mentally ill?
And they won’t remember this thread when they’re complaining: “when women date a 21y.o. They give each other hi5’s all around!”

No “we” don’t.

OP, you is posted that he “Isn’t ready for marriage” and neither are you. No one said for him to get married at 21, you -however could have been married, and had kids on their way out of the nest by now though. Not in the same boat.

Maybe he doesn’t want the girls at work to know about you, so he can keep his options open? Maybe he’s also dating one of them? Maybe he tells them you’re a kooky older woman with the hots for him? Maybe he thinks he’s doing the boss (your best friend?) a favor by going out with you, like she encouraged? If anything goes wrong and you find out why he really wasn’t being honest, maybe he’s afraid he’ll lose his job?

Who knows why someone hides the truth, they aren’t being honest.

Old Today, 09:41 AM

278 posts, read 88,163 times
It's a fling and nothing more. Enjoy it while you have it, because he will reach a point where he's done and wants to move on. Not to mention, the age gap is too far. What I mean by that is, you guys are at different points in your life, as well as being on two different wavelengths. He is still in the age where he wants to party, have fun, and he will begin to discover himself at some point. You're at the point in your life where you have gotten the partying, self-discovery out of the way, and a lot life lessons were learned as well. You're looking down a path that involves the next chapter in a person's life, seeing as you're about to be 40, as well as the growing stage of what comes with that age.

He still lives at home and is barely laying the foundation down for his building blocks for his life. At best, he will have a similar mindset as yours by the time he's 28. Assuming he is still with you, which he won't (just being honest because I have been that guy; love older woman), you will have wasted a good 9 - 10 years waiting for him to be on the same playing field. Why risk that when you can find someone who isn't afraid to show you off and appreciate what you have? You like younger guys? Nothing wrong with that. There are some 30 - 32 year olds out there who would love to take you from his arms and treat you right. Trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or