U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2019, 10:00 PM

151 posts, read 26,786 times

Advertisements

You can keep a guy from a bachelor party, but you can't keep him from being who he is. If he is the type to cheat, he is going to find what he wants somewhere and it probably won't be at a bachelor party.

Old 07-26-2019, 03:29 PM

598 posts, read 331,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
My Bf & I usually spend most weekends together.....except sometimes on Friday nights we both go out with our friends ..(all together or separate). Tonight is the first Saturday night we aren't together....he is at a bachelor party for a very good friend of his. When a friend of mine heard this, she couldn't believe this was Ok with me......I didn't think that much of it.

How would you feel?

It didn't bother me. My ex-bf went out with a mutual male friend all the time. I never had any weird feelings about it. Maybe it was just that we had a strong relationship. I just don't think he was cheating. We were always very honest with each other. We were very close and told each other everything, so I guess if I felt like if he cheated or was tempted to he would tell me about it. I don't think he was suave enough to hide stuff anyways. He had no filter, so maybe that helped. He couldn't hide anything. If it were a guy I didn't trust though I am sure it would have been different. I think if someone makes someone feel insecure or jealous then that's a sign something is wrong in the relationship. I don't think a relationship is healthy if someone feels a need to control the other or limit who they can spend time with. I would never be able to be with someone who couldn't trust me to hang out with friends without them, even if it were a bachelor/ette party situation. I've been in that relationship before (different ex) and it was hell.

Old 07-27-2019, 05:24 AM

9,044 posts, read 5,208,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
My Bf & I usually spend most weekends together.....except sometimes on Friday nights we both go out with our friends ..(all together or separate). Tonight is the first Saturday night we aren't together....he is at a bachelor party for a very good friend of his. When a friend of mine heard this, she couldn't believe this was Ok with me......I didn't think that much of it.

How would you feel?
I wouldn't mind at all, even if the evening included strippers or exotic dancers. You trust your partner or you don't.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:23 AM

1,297 posts, read 298,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I wouldn't mind at all, even if the evening included strippers or exotic dancers. You trust your partner or you don't.
ITA, Petunia! You have to trust your partner in all kinds of situations.... & if you don't, you shouldn't be together.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:14 PM

20,965 posts, read 16,829,324 times
With my current, I wouldnt worry about it at all. He is a good man and not the type to cheat (in fact he's cut off friends because they were cheating on their wives, because he was cheated on he has strong feelings about it). He would probably feel awkward and embarrassed getting a lap dance. Many past relationships I would hate the idea, but they were different type men (and not as in love with me as my SO now).

Old 07-27-2019, 03:21 PM

7,006 posts, read 3,907,725 times
It would be ok... as long I wasn’t dancing there..... Awkward! 😂

Old 07-27-2019, 03:56 PM

7,667 posts, read 3,016,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
It would be ok... as long I wasn’t dancing there..... Awkward! 😂
Lol! It’s ok when you’re just a “dancing girl”. 👯

Old 07-28-2019, 11:20 AM

1,297 posts, read 298,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
The only thing happening at most bachelor parties is drinking and s**t talking. Dominoes, cards, whiskey, IF there is a dancer she's there for entertainment only. Prostitution is highly unlikely, so shouldn't be a biggie for most.
Lol...some guys just want us to *think* they aren't boring.....

If they are the kinda guy who would cheat....& have to do it with a prostitute...he would be easy to spot.. (You know...the guy with the paunch & he does all the bragging like he is still a frat boy...easy to spot..

Old 07-28-2019, 04:22 PM

4,972 posts, read 1,590,964 times
Don't women have bachelorette parties with male strippers too though? So isn't it just as much of a concern for the boyfriend and husbands?

Old 07-28-2019, 05:02 PM

9,930 posts, read 3,805,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allison7 View Post
You can keep a guy from a bachelor party, but you can't keep him from being who he is. If he is the type to cheat, he is going to find what he wants somewhere and it probably won't be at a bachelor party.
This. A thousand times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or