U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 09:42 PM

599 posts, read 332,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
You must have ESP or something. I have good Spidy sense myself, but I am not going to claim that I’ve never been played. When I worked for the airline I had guys literally standing in line to blow some smoke up my butt. Lol
You could usually tell who the players were, but I also ran into some pretty smooth guys who acted on their best behavior in order to try and get me to go out with them. They showed their true colors later on, while in the beginning they acted like good guys.
I dont think I have ESP...but I can see that one guy kind of fooled me. He lived in SF was a programmer making 6 figures. Came 500 miles just to take me on a date, $300 hotel room etc. We had been talking every day months before. So he seemed pretty serious. The giveaway though was I had a boyfriend at that time and he was trying to get me to cheat. I didnt have sex with him but it was still shady af of me to have met with him. Later I found out that guy cheated on his fiancee....he told me.
He was a cheater. He seemed to be a good guy to me but I was mistaken.

If a guy will be the other man for you, he has no respect for the sanctity of commitment and will cheat on you as well.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:50 PM

My boyfriend at the time must have ESP though, because he told me he had a dream about me having dinner with another man.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:53 PM

7,012 posts, read 3,910,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I dont think I have ESP...but I can see that one guy kind of fooled me. He lived in SF was a programmer making 6 figures. Came 500 miles just to take me on a date, $300 hotel room etc. We had been talking every day months before. So he seemed pretty serious. The giveaway though was I had a boyfriend at that time and he was trying to get me to cheat. I didnt have sex with him but it was still shady af of me to have met with him. Later I found out that guy cheated on his fiancee....he told me.
He was a cheater. He seemed to be a good guy to me but I was mistaken.

If a guy will be the other man for you, he has no respect for the sanctity of commitment and will cheat on you as well.
Wait... You had a b/f and you went out on a date with another guy? Thatís disgusting! The shady part was you... going out with another guy while all the while .... you had a b/f. Pot... meet kettle! Where was the respect for your b/f? Ewwwwwww!

Old 08-01-2019, 09:57 PM

I know, I messed up. I was about 22 at the time. Id never do that today.

Bear in mind OP was MARRIED when she cheated on her husband with her current boyfriend.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:16 PM

7,670 posts, read 3,019,569 times
Sometimes youíre so attracted to someone, They say all the right things and you donít really take the time to wonder if all of it is real or not, itís just exactly what you needed to hear at the timeó and so you want to believe them. If you inevitably find out it was all just a big pile of crap, you still know it was fun at the time anyway...those experiences still have some value for me. I did what I dared, and knew the consequence, better than never taking the chance and never knowing how it felt.

Sorry, I guess you had to be there.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Sometimes youíre so attracted to someone, They say all the right things and you donít really take the time to wonder if all of it is real or not, itís just exactly what you needed to hear at the timeó and so you want to believe them. If you inevitably find out it was all just a big pile of crap, you still know it was fun at the time anyway...those experiences still have some value for me. I did what I dared, and knew the consequence, better than never taking the chance and never knowing how it felt.

Sorry, I guess you had to be there.
Sounds about right. If I were married Id never talk to another man though. This was a new relationship, barely off the ground. About 2 months in. Not even close to living together yet.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:40 PM

7,670 posts, read 3,019,569 times
Quote:
Sounds about right. If I were married Id never talk to another man though. This was a new relationship, barely off the ground. About 2 months in. Not even close to living together yet.
Right! I didnít Think about other men or talk in any type of romantic way the whole time I was married.
Same guy from the time I was 18 till I was 40. There was no semblance of any type of almost anything affair, I just canít do that óitís not in me. I kind of knew that he wasnít faithful, and when I found out for real it didnít matter anyway. I wouldnít have gone back and done anything differently. I get to walk away with my head up.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Right! I didnít Think about other men or talk in any type of romantic way the whole time I was married.
Same guy from the time I was 18 till I was 40. There was no semblance of any type of almost anything affair, I just canít do that óitís not in me. I kind of knew that he wasnít faithful, and when I found out for real it didnít matter anyway. I wouldnít have gone back and done anything differently. I get to walk away with my head up.
You did what was right regardless of what he was doing, because you can never control the other person, only your own actions. He has his conscience to live with but you can sleep well at night. His actions reflect on him and yours reflect on you.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:53 AM

158 posts, read 27,160 times
Quote:
Ive also been cheated on and believe me, I knew. Even if the guy tried to hide it. Being in an intimate relationship with someone, there are patterns and routines. Small deviations, any shift or change in pattern is a giveaway. Even if it appears to be a positive change. Suddenly he wants to f you for 2 hours straight, or wants to take you out for an extra special dinner (probably cheated).
Would most men have the energy for 2 hours if they weren't cheating yet alone if they were? Ha. I don't want to be cliche, but most men (and some women) cheat because the physical relationship is lacking at home. If the physical relationship is lacking, there is a good chance the emotional aspect is lacking too for men or women.

It's a symptom of a broken relationship, and it's not anything to do with bachelor or bachelorette parties.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:04 AM

779 posts, read 456,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
Ha - you clearly are unaware of just how much money strippers make. The viewers are the only ones being exploited!

And, for the record, I have been to many a strip club. Including with both a bachelor and a bachelorette party! (Good times, good times....)
lol exactly correct!

Also consider this, if a guy doesn't normally go to strip clubs or want to, the bachelor party and strippers are more of a chore than a privilege for him. If he was into throwing dollar bills at a dirty tatted stripper, he'd be doing it already and not waiting for an excuse like a bachelor party. There's a small subset of guys that are into it, and the vast majority of guys that prefers not to waste their time and money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or