U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 02:08 PM

20,880 posts, read 16,790,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I don't have any nieces....BUT it is kinda awful to think of going to a bachelorette party for a relative like that......so you were better off it was a concert! I wouldn't want my mom or grandma around....if there was gonna be a half naked guy dancing....but some don't care.....& I dunno, maybe she would like it!
It’s all in fun, again I think people are taking it way too seriously. There are often grandmas there.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:32 PM

572 posts, read 325,726 times
The bachelor/ette party with strippers just seems cliche, like its a relic of 80s movies or something. Do people really do it? I've been to a Bachelorette party, we just went clubbing got drunk danced went to Denny's and stayed at a hotel. Getting some male strippers...idk might have been funny? But really wasnt anyone's first choice of how they wanted to spend the evening. It was about togetherness and support and having a girl's night out.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:35 PM

7,638 posts, read 3,002,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
The bachelor/ette party with strippers just seems cliche, like its a relic of 80s movies or something. Do people really do it? I've been to a Bachelorette party, we just went clubbing got drunk danced went to Denny's and stayed at a hotel. Getting some male strippers...idk might have been funny? But really wasnt anyone's first choice of how they wanted to spend the evening. It was about togetherness and support and having a girl's night out.
Yes. If one is more entertained by strippers, they have every right to say so and act on it. Freedom of choice.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:38 PM

7,638 posts, read 3,002,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If you’re 23, it’s not old to you.
No when I was 23, I thought the whole thing was embarrassing. I did go to my best friends— but when she offered to throw one for me I said “no thanks”. I didn’t need any “last night” of anything. That’s what the traditional parties stood for.

We agree on going out with friends and having a good time, there’s nothing to disagree about with that.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:47 PM

980 posts, read 1,070,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
No when I was 23, I thought the whole thing was embarrassing. I did go to my best friends— but when she offered to throw one for me I said “no thanks”. I didn’t need any “last night” of anything. That’s what the traditional parties stood for.

We agree on going out with friends and having a good time, there’s nothing to disagree about with that.
I’ve never understood the concept of bachelor and bachelorette parties either. Seems like just an excuse to party.

I would absolutely have a problem with my husband going if there are naked women involved. Seeing others naked, half naked, getting aroused for another woman- that would be akin to cheating in my book. I’m old fashioned like that. And he feels the same for me.

I have a few girlfriends who LOVE this stuff- they think it’s fun. One in particular (whonis divorces and struggles with relationships) is very pushy about it, she does not accept when I decline suggested outings without numerous firm no’s. It’s Fine for them, but I do not find it entertaining. I find it sad.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
I’ve never understood the concept of bachelor and bachelorette parties either. Seems like just an excuse to party.

I would absolutely have a problem with my husband going if there are naked women involved. Seeing others naked, half naked, getting aroused for another woman- that would be akin to cheating in my book. I’m old fashioned like that. And he feels the same for me.

I have a few girlfriends who LOVE this stuff- they think it’s fun. One in particular (whonis divorces and struggles with relationships) is very pushy about it, she does not accept when I decline suggested outings without numerous firm no’s. It’s Fine for them, but I do not find it entertaining. I find it sad.

That IS what it is, it's what it's supposed to be. One last wild night with friends before marriage and the end of partying. It's a farewell to single life, a send-off.

Most do not have naked women, unless it's at a private home or Las Vegas. Most would not really want totally naked women, IMO. Again unless it's young guys. Again, it is mostly young people who want these kind of wild parties. Few if any of the attendees will be married men.

I feel like people are viewing through middle aged eyes rather than young people. Most of the guys at a typical stripper bachelor party did far worse things a year ago at their frat parties than they will do at this party. The girls are not prostitutes unless they are going to some seedy roadside place.

Again I would not want this, and my fiance wouldn't want this. I just don't get why the people who do are being judged so harshly. I feel like there's been some anger triggered at the thought of these parties that I don't understand, especially for the male strippers which are really just silly fun. They aren't naked, either.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:57 PM

I had a male colleague who was getting married and went to Vegas with his friends, did the traditional Bachelor party. He came back and said "Now I don't want to get married any more." He had too much fun, for him it was a reminder what he was giving up. Ofc he got married (the wedding was only a week away) but I'm certain his feet were a bit chilly.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I had a male colleague who was getting married and went to Vegas with his friends, did the traditional Bachelor party. He came back and said "Now I don't want to get married any more." He had too much fun, for him it was a reminder what he was giving up. Ofc he got married (the wedding was only a week away) but I'm certain his feet were a bit chilly.

If it was so easy for him to change his mind, he was never devoted enough in the first place. Maybe he felt pressured to get married before he was ready. Are they still together?

Old 08-03-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If it was so easy for him to change his mind, he was never devoted enough in the first place. Maybe he felt pressured to get married before he was ready. Are they still together?
I lost touch with him so idk. He wanted to marry her, she had his 8 year old son at that time. But he is a womanizer at heart. The Bachelor party was like giving an alcoholic another drink after a period of abstaining, causing a relapse.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:07 PM

22,681 posts, read 24,276,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post

For my friend who got married right after college, when we were 22, we did make her a crown of penises out of construction paper. It was just for laughs--we didn't expect her to wear it. Then we went to a movie and got Sex and the City-type cocktails, since it was the late 90s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or