U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM
 
572 posts, read 325,726 times
Reputation: 446

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
Actually, we DO know why he feels the way he does, as he's talked about the celibacy in his relationship that's spanned over 3 decades. He's mentioned it multiple times in previous posts concerning his wife.

Whether him going to strip clubs is disrespectful or not, is between him and his wife. Issues in relationships aren't always cut and dried, and where each couple places their boundaries is up to them and only them.
It might be between him and his wife but it was his choice to air it here, yet we are in the wrong for having questions?

 
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM
Status: "Mr. C's ❤️" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Pacific Northwest
1,562 posts, read 704,825 times
Reputation: 3146
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
It might be between him and his wife but it was his choice to air it here, yet we are in the wrong for having questions?
He made a comment that his wife didn't care if he went to strip clubs, as long as it didn't show up on the CC statement.

He didn't ask for you to dissect his relationship.
 
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM
 
Location: New to Bay Area
1,237 posts, read 287,626 times
Reputation: 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
Actually, we DO know why he feels the way he does, as he's talked about the celibacy in his relationship that's spanned over 3 decades. He's mentioned it multiple times in previous posts concerning his wife.

Whether him going to strip clubs is disrespectful or not, is between him and his wife. Issues in relationships aren't always cut and dried, and where each couple places their boundaries is up to them and only them.
I wouldn't want a relationship like it because *I* would see it as disrespectful....& very different than a one time bachelor or bachelorette party for a bff IMO.............but ita his going to a strip club & paying cash for yrs....is between him & his wife.......& not part of the rest of this.........
 
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
 
9,024 posts, read 5,196,634 times
Reputation: 10266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
They are two separate issues. Maybe she doesn't want the credit card people seeing "Fred's striptease bar" on the statement, or her kids if they wander through the bills or open the wrong envelope. You are putting words into the mouth of a woman who is not involved in this thread and cannot defend her position.

Take it at face value, she does not care if he goes to strip clubs. The only disrespect would be if he were to continue to use his credit card there.
Or their accountant.
 
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,332 posts, read 541,061 times
Reputation: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I had a male colleague who was getting married and went to Vegas with his friends, did the traditional Bachelor party. He came back and said "Now I don't want to get married any more." He had too much fun, for him it was a reminder what he was giving up. Ofc he got married (the wedding was only a week away) but I'm certain his feet were a bit chilly.
If this is the case - the guy shouldn’t have been getting married. That said, most us are mature enough to recognize when we are ready for marriage (or not) - and wouldn’t allow something as sophomoric as a bachelor party to help sway us in any direction. Most recognize the shenanigans for what it is i.e. an attempt to embarrass the groom, drink too much, play poker, shoot pool, etc. - and nothing more. Aside from old college days, I don’t personally know of anyone who pursues it as ‘serious or regular entertainment’ or wants sex with a stripper in or out of a bachelor party (or who would waste their money regardless of whether it is in cash or credit card - lol). They’re out there (as indicated by the credit card guy) for various reasons - but it has absolutely nothing to do with bachelor parties or relationships which have one grinning from ear to ear.
 
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM
 
572 posts, read 325,726 times
Reputation: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
If this is the case - the guy shouldn’t have been getting married. That said, most us are mature enough to recognize when we are ready for marriage (or not) - and wouldn’t allow something as sophomoric as a bachelor party to help sway us in any direction. Most recognize the shenanigans for what it is i.e. an attempt to embarrass the groom, drink too much, play poker, shoot pool, etc. - and nothing more. Aside from old college days, I don’t personally know of anyone who pursues it as ‘serious or regular entertainment’ or wants sex with a stripper in or out of a bachelor party (or who would waste their money regardless of whether it is in cash or credit card - lol). They’re out there (as indicated by the credit card guy) for various reasons - but it has absolutely nothing to do with bachelor parties or relationships which have one grinning from ear to ear.
Enjoy the strippers!
 
Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,332 posts, read 541,061 times
Reputation: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Enjoy the strippers!
I don’t want strippers - I have a gorgeous girlfriend (inside and out) and an incredible relationship which is the basis of my previous point. (Even if I didn’t have her, I still wouldn’t want strippers - haha.) People are taking the whole concept and purpose of bachelor parties far too seriously.
 
Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
30,775 posts, read 49,627,018 times
Reputation: 19223
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
What makes you want to go to the strip tease bar....in the 1st place
At the time, I was living 7 months a year on a submarine. If we surfaced at a pier somewhere for a few days, the crew would be given a rental van to share. Most of the crew would want to hit the local bars, so as an individual I did not think I had much of an option.

Years later with seniority, I learned that I could enjoy myself more if I waited for the van to leave and then struck out on my own on foot, to explore the port on foot.



Quote:
....if you had an active fullfilling intimate life with your wife
I experienced that lifestyle very briefly once. Immediately after our wedding.

Then the intimacy ended in our marriage.
 
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM
 
572 posts, read 325,726 times
Reputation: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
If this is the case - the guy shouldn’t have been getting married. That said, most us are mature enough to recognize when we are ready for marriage (or not) - and wouldn’t allow something as sophomoric as a bachelor party to help sway us in any direction. Most recognize the shenanigans for what it is i.e. an attempt to embarrass the groom, drink too much, play poker, shoot pool, etc. - and nothing more. Aside from old college days, I don’t personally know of anyone who pursues it as ‘serious or regular entertainment’ or wants sex with a stripper in or out of a bachelor party (or who would waste their money regardless of whether it is in cash or credit card - lol). They’re out there (as indicated by the credit card guy) for various reasons - but it has absolutely nothing to do with bachelor parties or relationships which have one grinning from ear to ear.
Joking. I know you are not going to enjoy it. Its just to embarass the groom. No sex of any kind will happen. Its just a night out with the guys.
 
Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,332 posts, read 541,061 times
Reputation: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post





I experienced that lifestyle very briefly once. Immediately after our wedding.

Then the intimacy ended in our marriage.
This circles back around to the point a few people made i.e. it’s the guys who are not satisfied (and feel ‘stuck’ to do anything about it) who pursue watching strippers, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top