U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 08:23 AM

4,619 posts, read 2,354,239 times

Advertisements

this is like saying you dont want persons with bad body oder. nobody thinks they smell bad; or else, they wouldnt smell bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 03:53 AM

722 posts, read 247,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
You know, this made me think of some of the women I meet that are in LDR (Long Dist relationships). I think some prefer it that way in order for them to have their space. But I guess it depends on the distance.

One woman I knew at work had a guy that lived 2 hrs away, just far away enough so he wouldn't be attempted to pop in at her place multiple times a week. Basically, she didn't want a guy all up in her grill if he lived locally.

Some have dudes that live multiple states away, but I can't help but to think that he may have a side chick, locally. lol. There's just at temptation to cheat there.

My girls 12hours drive, nother state. 2hours flight, but that takes all day by the time she gets to the airport and later l get to mine and we drive home to my place, 3hours. l could do it forever though mostly, quite like the life.
l live on the coast here and it's my fav' part of the country. l use to think having a lady 2 hours up the coast would be as cool as it gets, love the drive.
My brothers had a part time gf 20yrs , she lives 3hours away, comes up every few weeks or he goes down, rest of the time his lifes his own. Says he's the happiest guy he knows haha.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:37 AM

2,275 posts, read 780,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
You know, this made me think of some of the women I meet that are in LDR (Long Dist relationships). I think some prefer it that way in order for them to have their space. But I guess it depends on the distance.
I'm female and mine is a little over an hour away. We've cheerfully agreed that we like our own spaces and have no desire to cohabitate. Life is good.

To get back to the "drama" topic- as I noted earlier, all of us have Bad Stuff happen in our lives. The distinction, to me, is how much of it we create, and how we react to it. My late husband was in a LT relationship before me with a GF who was financially clueless (and, to be fair, didn't make much as a social worker even though she was very good at it). She called him one night because she'd run out of gas. And she didn't have any money or credit cards to fill her tank. DH had to go out and rescue her.

And, if the reaction to bad stuff in life is that you expect people to listen to your laments and complaints for indefinite periods, or to get recruited to deal with your problems, well, that's drama. It's one thing if it's an "acute" occurrence: job loss, recent death of a loved one, divorce.. we all need support then. It's another if it's a way of life.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:27 PM

3,119 posts, read 1,587,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I’m talking about DATING PROFILES.

The fantasy of the “No drama” relationship.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/20/o...pid-drama.html
Usually when a man says, "No drama" it means that they don't want a woman to nag them for playing on video games, for example. In other words, once the woman brings up a problem, the man has no intention in solving it either alone or together.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:34 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,360,890 times
Default National Network News really dig on ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I’m talking about DATING PROFILES.

The fantasy of the “No drama” relationship.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/20/o...pid-drama.html

... interviewees who go "Wheat! Wheat! Wheat!" Turning someone's heartbreak into ratings.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:45 PM
KCZ

1,711 posts, read 988,880 times
Some drama is to be expected, like when there's a sudden death in the family or other personal catastrophe. However, there's a thread in the Current Events forum about a woman chasing her BF down the aisle of an airplane, yelling obscenities at him and the flight crew, and beating him with a laptop, because she claimed he looked at another woman. To me, that's the epitome of drama...making a mountain out of a molehill, being loud, obscene, abusive, and/or violent, and generally inconsiderate of other people for no real reason. Those people, whether women or men, should be locked up together on a deserted island and never allowed into the dating pool.

And I'd add that drama caused by being a scatter-brain on a daily basis is just as annoying to me. As they say, poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part.

Last edited by KCZ; 07-27-2019 at 05:46 PM..

Old 07-27-2019, 05:49 PM

319 posts, read 102,120 times
I haven't read this whole thread. I wanted to comment before that when they feel a need to say that, they are the ones likely bringing the drama!
I have ironically just had an experience proving this.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:22 PM

722 posts, read 247,329 times
Well, we all have stuff , and yeah either can have stuff, but some a lot more than others and this is the thing.
l'm a guy and l know exactly what they mean but explaining it on a forum is a different story seems as most people don't really seem to get what it's about.
But yeah , some women just carry the stuff around with them, live drama, everythings drama, often especially their family, or friends, kids, often all, you name it stuff but man it can be anything and everything just day in day out with some.

Old 07-27-2019, 08:34 PM

2,692 posts, read 2,060,988 times
usually when people say that, it means that attract so much drama to themselves to the point they don’t wanna deal with yours

Old 07-27-2019, 08:45 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,333,294 times
I think that when people say ‘no drama’ it’s like people who put up a sign saying ‘no Soliciting’.

And what are solicitors taught about people with those signs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or