U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM

157 posts, read 28,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I understand why people put in there profile. I know I bring nothing but tranquility to a relationship (no unhealthy co-parenting, no crazy ex, no disrespectful friends, financial assets, etc. --with exception of a silly picardlx online alter ego ) and I demand the same. Nothing wrong with articulating this in a succinct phrase: no drama. Did I ever use it myself when on OLD, no. But, I get it.
How can you know what is coming up in your life, though? What if your partner gets really sick or gets into legal trouble through no fault of their own, to give a couple of examples. Life involves drama on occasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM

2,132 posts, read 1,698,925 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (reply to post which has been deleted).

It's a basic compatibility criterion. Some folks prefer a partner with a lot shared yet overcome negative life experience -- and there's nothing wrong with that. I just prefer folks like myself, who just avoided obstacles, planned well, didn't act evil and later need divine/secular forgiveness, and yes --perhaps-- got a little lucky along the way: boring.

Last edited by PJSaturn; Yesterday at 03:00 PM..

Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM

14,472 posts, read 17,407,319 times
Quote:
[Snip.]It's a basic compatibility criterion. Some folks prefer a partner with a lot shared yet overcome negative life experience -- and there's nothing wrong with that. I just prefer folks like myself, who just avoided obstacles, planned well, didn't act evil and later need diving/secular forgiveness, and yes --perhaps-- got a little lucky along the way: boring.

Oh no, you're definitely not alone. Mod cut. And the men I've been involved with were boring too, it doesn't bother me, except when they don't know how to talk. I get tired of being the entertainment. I've been through some obstacles in my past, but I avoid them now. I feel like a person with no baggage (emotional, physical or financial) has every right to want that in their partner and they are free to ask for it, but saying "No drama" to convey that is too ambiguous. Just say "I have no baggage and want the same in return". Yeah, some people might get upset that you rejected them, but who cares? Screw 'em.

Last edited by PJSaturn; Yesterday at 03:02 PM.. Reason: Bashing.

Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM

31,774 posts, read 20,045,121 times
Like anything, you ask them to clarify, and then over time see if their actions back up their words.

I wouldn't put too much into it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

7,423 posts, read 11,582,907 times
Quote:
[Snip.] It's a basic compatibility criterion. Some folks prefer a partner with a lot shared yet overcome negative life experience -- and there's nothing wrong with that. I just prefer folks like myself, who just avoided obstacles, planned well, didn't act evil and later need divine/secular forgiveness, and yes --perhaps-- got a little lucky along the way: boring.
Laid back is a better term, and that is how I would state it on a dating profile to be effective. That best describes me as well.

I have actually seen dating profiles where women say they do not want laid back guys ... and that is totally fine. For the most, part I know what they mean.

And it's probably best that we don't meet (though I got few enough dates, I would meet anyway, lol...)

Last edited by PJSaturn; Yesterday at 03:04 PM..

Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM

31,774 posts, read 20,045,121 times
The conversation would be like this:

No drama? What? No broadway shows? Can't cry if my dog dies? No drama, because you're the drama queen? If I pick tacos when you want Italian, is that drama?

A profile it just to give you a general idea if you might get on with someone.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM

7,423 posts, read 11,582,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The conversation would be like this:

No drama? What? No broadway shows? Can't cry if my dog dies? No drama, because you're the drama queen? If I pick tacos when you want Italian, is that drama?
Lol. Good one.

Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,698,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
How can you know what is coming up in your life, though? What if your partner gets really sick or gets into legal trouble through no fault of their own, to give a couple of examples. Life involves drama on occasion.
That's a good point.

I imagine drama would be those things of either your choosing or the natural result of choices made. But the human condition is inherently random, you're right.

Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM

157 posts, read 28,810 times
Quote:
That's a good point.

I imagine drama would be those things of either your choosing or the natural result of choices made. But the human condition is inherently random, you're right.
Totally. Just a couple of examples from my own friendship circle:

E.g. a friend of mine's husband got lung cancer and died within a couple of years. In his 40s, healthy lifestyle, biked to work and ate healthy, never smoked etc. That was a real emotional rollercoaster for everyone involved.

Another friend was randomly attacked by a dog when walking down the street, was quite badly injured and got into a legal battle with the dog owner that lasted a long time.

It's good to have a supportive partner or friends by your side when random life drama strikes. That would be my concern with 'no drama'

Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM

3,808 posts, read 1,392,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Totally. Just a couple of examples from my own friendship circle:

E.g. a friend of mine's husband got lung cancer and died within a couple of years. In his 40s, healthy lifestyle, biked to work and ate healthy, never smoked etc. That was a real emotional rollercoaster for everyone involved.

Another friend was randomly attacked by a dog when walking down the street, was quite badly injured and got into a legal battle with the dog owner that lasted a long time.

It's good to have a supportive partner or friends by your side when random life drama strikes. That would be my concern with 'no drama'
I dont think they mean that type of drama. They are talking about drama connected to their relationship which deals with previous exes or game playing. No one can control life drama which is something I experience last summer when I was sick and have to live in the hospital for 4 weeks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or