U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:39 AM

43,480 posts, read 42,009,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post

I reported each time.
Good.

Put the crush on the cop out of your mind.

Old Today, 09:42 AM

488 posts, read 310,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Lol........yes, it changed the flavor of the entire post!?!
I think its a natural reaction? I was feeling very scared, and he helped me. He is very kind, professional, etc. Its something about victims falling in love with their rescuers? Obviously its forbidden to act on it. He is probably married anyways.

Old Today, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Good.

Put the crush on the cop out of your mind.
Good advice.

Old Today, 09:43 AM

5,491 posts, read 2,366,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
You lost me at "I have a crush on the police officer on the case".
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
We’re missing a big part of the story.
Exactly. Story.

Old Today, 09:48 AM

43,480 posts, read 42,009,843 times
Quote:

He is probably married anyways.
His marital status isn't relevant. He's doing his job.

Yes, it's a very common emotional reaction that they deal with ALL the time. You don't want to be a cliché.

Old Today, 09:50 AM

1,047 posts, read 239,864 times
Quote:
I think its a natural reaction? I was feeling very scared, and he helped me. He is very kind, professional, etc. Its something about victims falling in love with their rescuers? Obviously its forbidden to act on it. He is probably married anyways.
I have heard of Stockholm Syndrome...where victims fall in love with their captor or why they don't leave over time....or in domestic abuse too. I have not heard before of ...someone who has a restraining order against a man & she fell in love or crushed on in a one sided way with the man who had him arrested from afar........

Old Today, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
His marital status isn't relevant. He's doing his job.

Yes, it's a very common emotional reaction that they deal with ALL the time. You don't want to be a cliché.
That's what I figured. I wonder if they cover it in police training. He would be taking advantage of me in a vulnerable state if he acted on it.

Old Today, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I have heard of Stockholm Syndrome...where victims fall in love with their captor or why they don't leave over time....or in domestic abuse too. I have not heard before of ...someone who has a restraining order against a man & she fell in love or crushed on in a one sided way with the man who had him arrested from afar........
No, the cop and I were interacting every time I had to report something. I didnt flirt or anything though. He is doing his job and I dont want to jeopardize the case.

Old Today, 09:55 AM

1,047 posts, read 239,864 times
Quote:
That's what I figured. I wonder if they cover it in police training. He would be taking advantage of me in a vulnerable state if he acted on it.
How can he *possibly* take advantage of you unless you told him you were crushing on him?!?

Old Today, 09:56 AM

He even came in on his day off to talk to me because I had to report something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships