U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:57 AM

1,047 posts, read 239,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
He even came in on his day off to talk to me because I had to report something.
Lol...okayyy.

Old Today, 09:58 AM

488 posts, read 310,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
How can he *possibly* take advantage of you unless you told him you were crushing on him?!?
If he were to pursue me or let me pursue him, that would be unethical on his part.

Old Today, 11:08 AM
Status: "You are only coming through in waves." (set 3 days ago)

8,124 posts, read 3,182,518 times
Quote:
That's what I figured. I wonder if they cover it in police training. He would be taking advantage of me in a vulnerable state if he acted on it.
Quote:
Quote:
If he were to pursue me or let me pursue him, that would be unethical on his part.
Don't go there ma'am. You may have a crush but this guy has done nothing wrong. Don't set him up to be the next perpetrator before you've even fully solved the situation with the first one.

Old Today, 11:09 AM

43,484 posts, read 42,009,843 times
Quote:
Stop.

Old Today, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Stop.
Something happened I wanted to report. I was calling the office leaving messages for him. He hadnt called back after a day so I went in person and asked for him.
T he office lady called him and he came in. He said it was his day off. I am sure he got overtime pay for it.

Old Today, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
Don't go there ma'am. You may have a crush but this guy has done nothing wrong. Don't set him up to be the next perpetrator before you've even fully solved the situation with the first one.
I know he has done nothing wrong. I am extremely grateful to him.

Old Today, 11:20 AM

3,299 posts, read 7,016,026 times
Woman has a "stalker"

Woman reports this stalker to the police

Police make an arrest

Woman crushes on the officer - till the officer becomes a "stalker" ... trust me, he's NOT gonna be interested in this drama.

Old Today, 11:21 AM

This is all just part of the effects of the stalking situation. Finding out he was arrested is good but its also stepped up the situation. Its more serious now, but the guy is doing it to himself. He could go away and leave me alone but he absolutely refuses to.

I am just grateful the authorities are doing all they can. Its exhausting constantly looking over my shoulder.

Old Today, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
Woman has a "stalker"

Woman reports this stalker to the police

Police make an arrest

Woman crushes on the officer - till the officer becomes a "stalker" ... trust me, he's NOT gonna be interested in this drama.
Stop it, I never said that. He has been nothing but professional. I am just reminding myself why the relationship would be forbidden.

Old Today, 11:26 AM

11,936 posts, read 7,347,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
We’re missing a big part of the story.
Not really. It was in previous threads, which had a tendency to get locked.

She was in a scary situation with a legit stalker. She filed a restraining order, we had a thread around then, and when he started to violate it. We gave her the advice of "make sure you collect information of every time he tries any kind of contact, and report him EVERY SINGLE TIME." She'd dealt with the feeling of not being necessarily believed or taken seriously at first, so she was questioning if she should do this, we all said, "do it!" and she did!

(I mean to me this is awesome, how many times do people here ask for advice and then argue back with all of us and never follow it? This poster followed the good advice and did the right things, and it led to the man who was menacing her getting taken off the streets. Cool!)

OK so with the crush on the cop... I get it, but I will chime in with the rest and say, "let it go." Not only is it arguably unethical for him to mess with you...but if you know he could get in trouble, it's unethical of YOU to pursue him. Right? Deep down I think you know this. It's not bizarre for you to have this crush, but all of us have crushes in life that we do not act on...this is one of those times.

What is useful now is to ascertain how long he is expected to be incarcerated and figure out what you're doing between now and then. You had reasons before, that you did not want to leave the area. Is it possible that this could change, that you could go somewhere that it would be hard for him to find you or something by the time he is out? That's what sucks about situations like this, you always know that they won't be held forever and it's scary to think about them getting out and coming after you at some later point.

I wish you all the best, OP. Glad you reported his violations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships