U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:52 PM

1,047 posts, read 239,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Soon, she'll start stalking the officer. LOL.
Think she already has crossed that line.....the continued posts are obsessive stalkerish....

Old Today, 12:57 PM

13,355 posts, read 6,382,104 times
Good to hear. Take care.

Old Today, 12:57 PM

71 posts, read 11,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
Woman has a "stalker"

Woman reports this stalker to the police

Police make an arrest

Woman crushes on the officer - till the officer becomes a "stalker".
Sounds like a script for a LifeTime movie.

Old Today, 01:02 PM

488 posts, read 310,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
Glad your stalker got arrested. Is he still in jail or out? If he's out or will get out soon, I'd be very aware of your surroundings. I don't want to alarm you but you need to keep your guard up. An arrest, while the right thing to do, may escalate things. If he is still in jail see if there is a way to make sure you are notified if/when he's released. Also find out if there is a way you can check your self. I wouldn't rely on a notification being automatic. Even if you set something up, things slip through the cracks.

I think having a crush on the police officer is natural but as people have said, you need to shut it down for several reason but the most important is you don't want to affect the court case.

Focus on keeping yourself safe.
Very good point. I am not sure if he is in custody or not. I asked the cop when he pulled me over but he didnt know. There is a hearing coming up in a week. I think he pled 'not guilty' so there will be a trial. He probably posted bail. I imagine he's not too happy but he did this to hinself. All he had to do was go away, he had 1000 chances.

I dont know what all has happened (if he has had any hearing/arraignment) yet but this is what I gleaned from the letter I got from the prosecutor.

Old Today, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm going to hazard a wild guess, because I've got the sense that our OP knows darn well that this is a crush that should go nowhere and probably has no real intentions to do anything with it...

Her threads used to get locked all the time because it didn't have anything to do with "Relationships" and it was kinda blogging or whatever probably. If I recall. So I'm wondering if she tossed it in as a throwaway justification to be able to update us about the stalker situation hopefully without getting in trouble. "Also I have a crush on the cop." OK. Is he just dreeeaammmy, OP?

Honestly though not only the rescuer thing, but in her shoes worrying about what happens if stalker guy gets out of jail and escalates his behaviors, I could see fantasizing about having a big tough cop man as one's beau in such a scenario, too. But unfortunately from my at-a-distance perspective I'd also point to the rather high stats on domestic violence in police relationships and how taxing a job it is and all of that...

Anyhow, you don't need us to tell you to not do anything with this crush, OP, you know. We know you know.

I for one am just happy to hear back that she's ok and the guy is in jail. The stuff she described was super scary. I know how it is to feel like you're in danger and just want people to talk to because you feel like there's nowhere to turn. I get it.
It does feel good to talk about it and to know there are people who understand, like you.

Old Today, 01:14 PM

4,079 posts, read 2,640,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Very good point. I am not sure if he is in custody or not. I asked the cop when he pulled me over but he didnt know. There is a hearing coming up in a week. I think he pled 'not guilty' so there will be a trial. He probably posted bail. I imagine he's not too happy but he did this to hinself. All he had to do was go away, he had 1000 chances.

I dont know what all has happened (if he has had any hearing/arraignment) yet but this is what I gleaned from the letter I got from the prosecutor.
Is there a number on the prosecutor's letter you can call? I would find out if he's free on bail or not. If not call the police station. They should be able to check. However like I said before, keep your guard up in case the information they have or give you is not current.

Old Today, 01:22 PM

Thats a good idea. I will call the prosecutor with these questions.

Old Today, 01:26 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 20 days ago)

9,723 posts, read 3,705,613 times
Its natural to sort of get a crush on the person who rescued you. But I would get the feelings under control. I had a friend who developed a crush on her OB/GYN and was going to ask him out. She said, I really want to get to know this man and I genuinely like him. I told her it would be inappropriate and he cannot "date" his patients. And that if she attempted such a thing, she would likely hear from his office giving her a referral to a different doctor. Of course, I don't know what the rules are for police who date a person who's case they are working. But it might be the same kind of rules.

Old Today, 01:44 PM

78,986 posts, read 70,797,892 times
Check to see if he wears a ring next time you see him, OP. That could take care of it.

Old Today, 01:45 PM

Yep it would be highly inappropriate as well. Imagine if the judge found out. Would destroy the whole case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships