U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:42 PM

8,098 posts, read 6,026,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Good idea. I keep very aware of my surroundings at all times, dont go anywhere after dark, etc. I dont carry any protection though, maybe Ill look into it. Idk if jail will make him quit or what will happen now.

I called the prosecutor. He pled not guilty and he is not in custody now. Next hearing he will get a plea bargain offer.
Jail is probably not going to make him quit. He traveled thousands of miles for you and has constantly violated the restraining order. Jail is not going to make him stop.

Old Today, 04:43 PM

8,098 posts, read 6,026,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I dont know exactly when he was arrested. Within the past month? Nobody has updated me.

He is actually a convicted felon (drugs). Has several things on his record.
That's definitely not good.

Old Today, 05:03 PM

4,762 posts, read 4,050,705 times
It is not unusual to crush on someone who helps you following a dramatic event-- just for heaven's sake don't act on ir.

However, please go see a therapist about this stalker ordeal. It is traumatic & hard for someone who has not experienced it to understand.

Old Today, 05:30 PM

40,266 posts, read 15,209,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm going to hazard a wild guess, because I've got the sense that our OP knows darn well that this is a crush that should go nowhere and probably has no real intentions to do anything with it...

Her threads used to get locked all the time because it didn't have anything to do with "Relationships" and it was kinda blogging or whatever probably. If I recall. So I'm wondering if she tossed it in as a throwaway justification to be able to update us about the stalker situation hopefully without getting in trouble. "Also I have a crush on the cop." OK. Is he just dreeeaammmy, OP?

Honestly though not only the rescuer thing, but in her shoes worrying about what happens if stalker guy gets out of jail and escalates his behaviors, I could see fantasizing about having a big tough cop man as one's beau in such a scenario, too. But unfortunately from my at-a-distance perspective I'd also point to the rather high stats on domestic violence in police relationships and how taxing a job it is and all of that...

Anyhow, you don't need us to tell you to not do anything with this crush, OP, you know. We know you know.

I for one am just happy to hear back that she's ok and the guy is in jail. The stuff she described was super scary. I know how it is to feel like you're in danger and just want people to talk to because you feel like there's nowhere to turn. I get it.
Great post ^. All of the above is true. OP, you should start a blog and update people about your life there. This double-topic thread is now closed.

By the way, members - including myself - are glad that you followed through with the RO and your stalker was arrested. Stay safe.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships