U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM

18 posts, read 1,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
All in moderation.

You could be Kate Beckinsale hot but if you harangue me with social justice and environmental stuff Iím gonna walk away. The same with confident talented women. At a certain point that confidence and talent translates into a flaming b*tch. Do you have a resting b*tch face on? Some women have that do not approach me vibe on their face or their body language.

Dont fool yourself because lots of guys are intimidated by a confident talented independent women. They want a woman they can control.
Yes I can imagine guys who share those views are very insecure and suspicious of anything that they feel challenges their fragile masculinity. Maybe you will change your views if you have a daughter who you love and want her succeed and not being taken advantage of. Or maybe not, maybe you are just like that and can't see that everybody must be free to make their choices and that talent and confidence are present in both sexes and nobody should lower their talents to please someone else.

Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM

84 posts, read 13,117 times
Welcome back Op, I here what you're saying about how hard it is to find someone who matches you. It shouldn't be too much to ask to find a guy who has similar social/political stances, is into artistic films, theatre, and paintings, can hold a conversation, and doesn't look like a complete troll.

Unfortunately, this "type" is HARD to find. I wish everybody could find that perfect fit, but life is often unkind in this regard. I can definitely identify with your love of art (I'm always dragging a dear wifey to stuff like this). But, MOST guys I can tell you ain't feeling it. Don't get me wrong, guys don't mind a little abstract art here and there but they are not immersed in it. Anyway, i really hope you find what you're looking for.

Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
I couldn't run fast enough or far enough from a "passionate" SJW.
Ok. It looks like a contradiction the words you use "Preserve, Protect and Defend the Constitution'. Go read some RBG's majority and dissenting opinions.

Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
I agree. Even if your date happens to think the issues are good to be concerned about, like reducing trash, often times anyone who is so "passionate" about it comes off as negative and angry. Just the other night I went to a party and one of my friends who I don't see often was very vocal about politics. We are on the same "side" politically but her anger was just palpable and I wanted to get away from her. The next morning a mutual friend who was there texted me and said "I feel really depressed after last night" because our friend was such a downer with her passionate complaints. So if we felt that way about a friend, imagine feeling like that on a date with someone you just met. And you're going to say "I don't talk about it" or "I don't act angry" but people can sense things.

Plus, I'll add this: Most guys want to feel "needed." Often, strong independent women don't put out that vibe. I know this because guys told me that in the past. I started softening up a bit and letting them feel like "a man." I always let my husband know that I appreciate that he's all man.

Also, the things you describe don't sound very "relationshippy." What about walks on the beach at sunset? ;-)

I think the complete opposite. I hate small talk, it makes me boring. And people who are not passionate I feel they live like dead in life and I find that type of guy extremely boring

Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
In my experience, if you are a financially successful woman, all you need to do is advertise your net worth and the men will come running.

I'm serious.
And why what I would that? Why on earth would I want to financially support a loser?

Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
You're unlikely to find unattached 40-something white collar professional men at the beach. I ski. That's a 40-something white collar professional sausage-fest. You'd have to filter carefully but there are lots of options in that kind of activity. Sailing is similar. If you don't sail, get involved with an adult sailing program at a yacht club and get involved in racing. Lots of 40-something unattached professional men looking for midweek after work race crew. Again, you have to filter carefully.

You won't have problems with environmental issues with white collar professional men but social justice warrior is unlikely to play well.
Sailing not really my thing and not something I'm interested in. Kayaking definitely. There is no snow where I live so ski is not an option. I am surrounded by the most beautiful beaches so that is why I love the beach. I don't know why people keep using the word warrior. Crash course in human rights urgently needed.

Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's interesting how many people have a knee-jerk reaction to the phrase "social justice" because of its use manosphere as a perjorative term to describe women who they feel are politially correct man-haters. In it's true form, social justice is equivalent to human rights and civil rights and has a long history of doing good in society.

Exactly. That come as shock to me that there is such a huge misunderstanding in what it means. A crashed-course in human rights urgently needed for some people in the thread.

Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, you haven't told us yet, where you live. That could well be a factor in your lack of success. Although you say you've known men with your same or similar interests in the past, so it may just be a matter of time. Do you attend professional conferences in your field? That's one thing to try, since you're looking for a peer, more or less. You could also try different OLD sites.

We can't help you if we don't have more information about your circumstances.
I live in an urban city of around 400,000 people and adjacent to the city's financial district. When I started my career I used to go to professional conferences but now at my current job it is not feasible to be out of the office and the professional development conferences have to be taken online at the office.

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,701,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliampr View Post
Exactly. That come as shock to me that there is such a huge misunderstanding in what it means. A crashed-course in human rights urgently needed for some people in the thread.
My only slight push back is that for some folks, hearing others constantly lead conversations around "identity" can be nauseating and tiresome. Plus the contours of what you would describe as social justice would need flushing out. If your "remedies" seem zero-sum or exclusionary in nature, then I could see how that could feel off putting.

Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM

43,520 posts, read 42,049,720 times
Ok so let's get down to it.

You're intelligent, passionate, independent and active. Yet ... you've had ZERO conversations from OLD and no dates in four years.

That leads me to believe it must be a problem with your ... photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or