U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 08:22 AM

49 posts, read 38,230 times

Advertisements

i went out today to get a couple of things at lowes and i saw this cute girl that does applicanes and i couldnt talk to her and i wanted to ask for her number because she was talking to a coworker and i let it go because it's embarassing and i went around to look at things and i came back again and she was with a customer so i couldnt bother her and i went home.

so when i come back again and if i see her again, what do i say to her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 08:25 AM

904 posts, read 200,030 times
See if you can pick up an accent (like midwest or new york or something) and ask her where she's from.
Or you can be funny and ask for something you'd need for your dog and then say your dog barks in Japanese - he's bibarkle.
Or you can do the old "you look familiar...did you go to blah blah high school?"
Or yawn and say you could go for a cup of coffee..."what about you?"
Or, instead of pressuring her for her number, give her yours and ask her to call you.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:37 AM

43,663 posts, read 42,288,240 times
OP is gonna end up with a whole new suite of appliances before this ordeal is done.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:29 AM

18,587 posts, read 20,442,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i went out today to get a couple of things at lowes and i saw this cute girl that does applicanes and i couldnt talk to her and i wanted to ask for her number because she was talking to a coworker and i let it go because it's embarassing and i went around to look at things and i came back again and she was with a customer so i couldnt bother her and i went home.

so when i come back again and if i see her again, what do i say to her?
Mod cut.

Seriously approaching someone who is at work is tacky. They are a captive audience and it’s awkward as hell especially for her. You could approach her and say you’re shopping ask her opinion for a appliance etc make small talk. You can get some basic idea if she is receptive to being asked out. You can tell her that you would love to see her again and maybe grab a cup of coffee. Give her your number let her make the approach.

If she is that cute she probably gets a lot of approaches by customers and she probably turns them down.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-23-2019 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:31 AM

2,519 posts, read 962,205 times
Just go up and ask her man
Shoulda been done it the first time

Old 07-23-2019, 09:48 AM

14,931 posts, read 12,377,782 times
“Hey bby gurl! wazup? Tell me all bout these smart refrigerators”

Old 07-23-2019, 11:10 AM

205 posts, read 46,934 times
Serious answer.

These are your problems:
- you don't know whether she's single
- you know nothing about her, except that she's cute and possibly has a pleasant demeanor (which is her job)
- she knows nothing about you

These are your options:
1. Talk about appliances. She will be in sales mode, so you won't learn much about her, and this is kind of dishonest (or expensive, if she's good at her job lol)
2. Make unrelated small talk. This is asking her to neglect her job, and may get her in trouble for fraternizing with a customer.
3. Straight up ask her out / ask her # / give her your #. Good luck.
4. Forget about her and move on with your life.

IMO there's nothing wrong with 3 if you accept the extremely low likelihood of success. 1 and 2 both have the potential to be awkward/creepy; I would avoid unless you are skilled at reading people and objective enough to back off and leave her alone as soon as you detect discomfort or disinterest on her part.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
“Hey bby gurl! wazup? Tell me all bout these smart refrigerators”
"Are they smart enough to give me your number?"

Old 07-23-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
OP, if you decide to approach her you should definitely try this as a pick up line (minus the "hey bby gurl" part lol) and tell us how it goes
I don't know ... "baby gurl" works on me every time.

Old 07-23-2019, 05:16 PM

15,500 posts, read 7,543,450 times
Be confident. Try to relax and have fun with it. Have a cool activity in mind (free concert in the parkor something like that), bring it up and say, "hey, we should meet up for that. I hear it's a great time". Make sure to LEAD instead of the usual "want to go out sometime? "What do you feel like doing?" mistake that a lot of guys make.

Good luck. If you strike out, don't worry about it and move on to the next.

Glad to see you want to approach. There are grown men on this forum that don't have the guts to cold approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or