U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 12:45 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,142,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I did find him....& I started to date him after a little mutual pursuing & chasing...

There you go, it was a mutual pursuing/chasing. It is quite a nice feeling to see a girl, since the first date, also courting and romancing me, taking me out for dinner, taking care of expenses, etc. just like I do for her .

Quote:
If he had friend zoned me....I would have been crushed!
At least you made a new friend if things don't go beyond that. Better than nothing, right?

Old 07-30-2019, 02:41 PM

1,320 posts, read 307,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
There you go, it was a mutual pursuing/chasing. It is quite a nice feeling to see a girl, since the first date, also courting and romancing me, taking me out for dinner, taking care of expenses, etc. just like I do for her .

At least you made a new friend if things don't go beyond that. Better than nothing, right?
Lol....waiiit a minute. I can't take credit for taking care of any expenses....that was on him, but our financial situations are very different. BUT....there was defanitely mutual flirting from the start......

Honestly tho....imo....I didn't want to be his friend. If he had friend zoned me I'd of been crushed.....& put him on the curb.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:00 PM

7,734 posts, read 3,032,095 times
Quote:

I’m pretty sure you’re the guy who always pops up and asks how it is that we “let the man pay” seems kind a hypocritical in the sense that you’ve said twice now, that you “let the woman pay” how is it that you let HER but actually ...no never mind, I don’t care. it doesn’t matter to me I don’t judge... everybody’s got their own thing going on.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Lol....waiiit a minute. I can't take credit for taking care of any expenses....that was on him, but our financial situations are very different. BUT....there was defanitely mutual flirting from the start......

That's ok. It seems to be the norm to have men taking care of expenses but that would be another topic. So he did the pursuing, courting, and romancing but you flirted with him, right? Cute.

Quote:
Honestly tho....imo....I didn't want to be his friend. If he had friend zoned me I'd of been crushed.....& put him on the curb.
I remember remaining friends with a girl I liked. At least we could say hi, chat about our day, hang out with friends, and move on.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I’m pretty sure you’re the guy who always pops up and asks how it is that we “let the man pay” seems kind a hypocritical in the sense that you’ve said twice now, that you “let the woman pay” how is it that you let HER but actually ...no never mind, I don’t care. it doesn’t matter to me I don’t judge... everybody’s got their own thing going on.
You skipped the part at the end where I said "since the first date...just like I do for her". So its not like you and the others who "try" to pay but end up just being in the receiving end every time men take you out because men don't give you permission to pay so you submissively obey kind of thing. If that's how you like to do it, cool, most women do .

-Men don't let me pay every time they take me out.
-We treat each other since the first date.

See the difference?

Old 07-31-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
That's ok. It seems to be the norm to have men taking care of expenses but that would be another topic. So he did the pursuing, courting, and romancing but you flirted with him, right? Cute.

I remember remaining friends with a girl I liked. At least we could say hi, chat about our day, hang out with friends, and move on.
Being friends because you are friends....is different tho....than becoming friends with someone you have a interest in, because you were *rejected* or put in a friends zone. How do you make a friendship out of that? Oh heyyy, I am not attracted to you...but let's be friends & go get a coffee? No thank you........

There was lots of romancing & flirting....I maybe started it BUT I knew he was interested too.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:13 AM

7,734 posts, read 3,032,095 times
Quote:
You skipped the part at the end where I said "since the first date...just like I do for her". So its not like you and the others who "try" to pay but end up just being in the receiving end every time men take you out because men don't give you permission to pay so you submissively obey kind of thing. If that's how you like to do it, cool, most women do .

-Men don't let me pay every time they take me out.
-We treat each other since the first date.

See the difference?
Yes, I see your tendency to stereotype, and that since we don't add that 'treat each other' after the first date terminology you have a problem with that. I see you add the word "let" when discussing a man paying, but omit when discussing women paying. I see you're fine with women paying, but not men, even though you've previously posted that your gf pays... have this weird thing about bringing it up every time.

So yes, confirmed, and I'm not going to ever discuss this with you again, I Promise.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Yes, I see your tendency to stereotype, and that since we don't add that 'treat each other' after the first date terminology you have a problem with that. I see you add the word "let" when discussing a man paying, but omit when discussing women paying. I see you're fine with women paying, but not men, even though you've previously posted that your gf pays... have this weird thing about bringing it up every time.

So yes, confirmed, and I'm not going to ever discuss this with you again, I Promise
There is no “treat each other” when you guys talk about how guys don’t LET you pay every time they take you out. I am fine with EVERYBODY paying as grown up adults do but many women still prefer to leave it all to men. Of course I have said my girl pays JUST LIKE I DO since the very first date instead of saying she doesn’t let me pay so I just leech off her. There are many other things WE do MUTUALLY since the first date way beyond just contributing to expenses which in western countries is normally left to the guy.

I was not even talking to you. You came here and brought it up to me and now you don’t want to discuss it again. Fine. Be my guest if you change your mind as you’ll probably do and I’ll gladly respond .

Old 07-31-2019, 10:43 AM

671 posts, read 116,586 times
I think your approach to dating is healthy. There should be some degree of reciprocity but if there isn't, it's OK to let it go.

As a woman, if someone tells me they like me, and I like them too, I'm going to let them know about it and suggest a date. I'm not going to play silly head games either.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:

So yes, confirmed, and I'm not going to ever discuss this with you again, I Promise.
Why so much stuff about who pays? Shouldn't it just be who *wants* to pay...........not like having to "let" anyone pay or not....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or