U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2019, 11:46 AM
 
Location: new to the BA & l o v e it
1,313 posts, read 307,440 times
Reputation: 1159

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I donít see how my girl would pay more if we are both contributing to expenses. She would pay more if I was just leeching off her feeling entitled because somehow I investigated and found out she has a bigger bank account. No need for calculators or spreadsheets. We both contribute but none of us leech off each other or feel entitled regardless of bank account size.



Exactly. Thatís why I donít get the whole ďhe has a bigger bank account so he should payĒ ideology. How do you find out this stuff specially when you start dating someone?

Like I have said. Keep it simple. Pay for what you order as any grown up independent adult would. Itís more than likely that a man wonít take you to a restaurant where your meal costs more than $50. Come on.
Lol....cause you don't have to know how much is in his or her bank account........ they should be *wanting* to offer to pay because they can afford to.......not because you are asking them to or because you know how much money they have....cause you couldn't possibly know that.

A N D...when two people move in together.......the one who has more will contribute more because the wealthy person is not going to quit his job or sell his house........& adapt to a different lifestyle......no one does that......

 
Old 08-08-2019, 01:34 PM
 
6,380 posts, read 6,142,335 times
Reputation: 3644
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Lol....cause you don't have to know how much is in his or her bank account........ they should be *wanting* to offer to pay because they can afford to.......not because you are asking them to or because you know how much money they have....cause you couldn't possibly know that.
Can you afford to pay rent and bills? Can you afford to buy a car, clothes, make up, etc.? Then you can contribute to dating expenses since the first date regardless of how much money the other person has. You would pay for the same dinners and drinks with your girlfriends so why not do the same with guys? No need to complicate things or continue to go around and around the subject. Can we agree on this when it comes to dating or not?
 
Old 08-08-2019, 01:39 PM
 
Location: new to the BA & l o v e it
1,313 posts, read 307,440 times
Reputation: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Can you afford to pay rent and bills? Can you afford to buy a car, clothes, make up, etc.? Then you can contribute to dating expenses since the first date regardless of how much money the other person has. You would pay for the same dinners and drinks with your girlfriends so why not do the same with guys? No need to complicate things or continue to go around and around the subject. Can we agree on this when it comes to dating or not?
Ofc....& I already said so........& I started a thread on the subject past the dating stage.....so we are not getting off topic .....
 
Old 08-09-2019, 09:44 AM
 
6,380 posts, read 6,142,335 times
Reputation: 3644
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ofc....& I already said so........& I started a thread on the subject past the dating stage.....so we are not getting off topic .....
Good. Then I don't see why we are going around circles if you would pay for what you ordered and even treat a man since the first date and on regardless of him having a bigger or smaller bank account .
 
Old Today, 07:55 AM
 
Location: new to the BA & l o v e it
1,313 posts, read 307,440 times
Reputation: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Good. Then I don't see why we are going around circles if you would pay for what you ordered and even treat a man since the first date and on regardless of him having a bigger or smaller bank account .
I wouldn't know how big his bank account was.......& I have always been Ok with paying my share ofc....but usually the man offers on a 1st date. I've been on dates that sometimes I pay or sometimes he does....but never have I been on a date where we split it according to what I ordered!!!
 
Old Today, 08:42 AM
 
6,380 posts, read 6,142,335 times
Reputation: 3644
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I wouldn't know how big his bank account was.......& I have always been Ok with paying my share ofc....but usually the man offers on a 1st date. I've been on dates that sometimes I pay or sometimes he does....but never have I been on a date where we split it according to what I ordered!
There you go. Then I am not sure why it took so long to agree that regardless of a manís bank account size a woman can pay for dinner just like men usually do since the first date and on.
 
Old Today, 08:44 AM
 
Location: new to the BA & l o v e it
1,313 posts, read 307,440 times
Reputation: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
There you go. Then I am not sure why it took so long to agree that regardless of a manís bank account size a woman can pay for dinner just like men usually do since the first date and on.
Ita she *can* pay for dinner sometimes....but usually not on the 1st date....& the person with the most money is going to end up contributing the most....over time.....
 
Old Today, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
32,142 posts, read 20,258,258 times
Reputation: 46397
Thread has gone way off topic.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top