U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:58 AM

12,355 posts, read 13,610,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthinkpinkxo View Post
I'm a late-20s female. I know from my experience on dating apps and at bars, women can pretty much sleep with any guy they so choose. If a female wanted a one night stand, she could log onto a dating app and have someone at her door within 30 minutes. Just wondering from a guy's perspective, how easy is it to get the same? If you wanted to get laid on a given night, what's the success rate/time required if you go to a popular bar and hit on girls or log onto Tinder to find someone? This is assuming you're a decently attractive guy with good social skills.
What kind of relationship are you looking for?

Old Today, 07:29 AM

83 posts, read 13,117 times
Mod cut.

Anyway op, i hope the answers you got can give you a perspective. Every guy is not going to go home from a night out with a woman. This has never been the case since the beginning of time (nor should it). These situations actually pose some risk, dude could be a psycho, you never know. Most women at a club or bar stay in the group they came with. It's much safer and most, in my experience (even if they like a guy) WON'T just go home with him.

Last edited by PJSaturn; Today at 09:27 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old Today, 08:04 AM

2,543 posts, read 3,531,375 times
I am an average looking guy and I have never been super smooth at meeting strangers. If I were to go to a random bar and look for hookups I would have very low chances of success picking up women.

After I got divorced but before I met my wife, though, I found dating and meeting women to be exceptionally easy. I had a fairly diverse social life, and it seemed like there was a woman or two with whom I had some chemistry in lots of different places. I had acquaintances on my rec sports teams, bar trivia league, professional organizations, several local bars, the animal shelter where I volunteered, and even random women in my neighborhood who I chatted up while walking my dogs. There was even a woman from city-data that recognized me and introduced herself. I didn't have the time, energy, or desire to try to date all of them, but on any given night I was likely to be interacting with a woman where some sort of romantic or sexual interaction could occur. If I were to try and force the issue by going through my contacts and setting up a date with the most likely prospects, my "success rate" would have been pretty high, although that wasn't really my approach. I never really tried any dating apps or going out drinking alone trying to seduce strangers.

Old Today, 08:06 AM

160 posts, read 21,538 times
Quote:
how easy is it to get the same? If you wanted to get laid on a given night, what's the success rate/time required if you go to a popular bar and hit on girls or log onto Tinder to find someone?
Within a week of trying.

Old Today, 08:14 AM

7,432 posts, read 11,589,667 times
Quote:
I'm a late-20s female. I know from my experience on dating apps and at bars, women can pretty much sleep with any guy they so choose. If a female wanted a one night stand, she could log onto a dating app and have someone at her door within 30 minutes. Just wondering from a guy's perspective, how easy is it to get the same? If you wanted to get laid on a given night, what's the success rate/time required if you go to a popular bar and hit on girls or log onto Tinder to find someone? This is assuming you're a decently attractive guy with good social skills.
As in one night?

Get laid by sunrise, or turn into a pillar of salt?

I'd be a total goner. Not a chance in hell.

Just for kicks, if this were a fun little game, and I was in my young 30s at my physical peak, and I had a month to find a girl to make out with WILLINGLY (do it, or turn into dust), I ... might ... be able to get it done.

I'd put the odds at something like 10-1 to get that done.

To find a woman I just met that night to go home and have sex with me, no matter how drunk, in the span of a month of trying? Maybe 500-1.

I'm a below average looking guy I'd say, but at my physical peak, I had some things going for me. Good body, nice hair, well dressed.

Old Today, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Obviously, as easy as a woman. It does take two to tango.
I don't agree with that.

I've hung out with good looking smooth dudes. They have to put in a decent amount of work.

On the other hand, an average young fit woman in her 20s/30s, in a popular city with bars ... I'd put the odds of her NOT being able to get laid at something like 20-1.

Old Today, 08:24 AM

160 posts, read 21,538 times
For me it would take a long time. I'm pretty ugly. I'm so ugly when I walk by the men's room all the toilets flush. I went for my proctology exam and the doctor stuck his finger in my MOUTH!

Old Today, 08:31 AM

83 posts, read 13,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Within a week of trying.
I've been out of the single's bar/club scene for a hot minute. I'll take your word for it, is that just through bar convo? I'll be honest, when i was younger, i could never bring home one per week. That's why old schoolers call it "getting lucky".

From what i observed (back when) it was just have fun, drink, dance, and blow off steam. But, most women went hm with their arrival group. Some even watched each others drink count. (*My* experience from some super cool lady college friends)..

Old Today, 08:38 AM

1,781 posts, read 1,044,340 times
It's not that it's easy for women, it's just that men are easy.

Old Today, 08:39 AM

Quote:
This is assuming you're a decently attractive guy with good social skills.
Missed that part.

I would say for a consensus good looking but not model quality guy in the bar scene to get laid in one night (with any girl) being able to tell any lies he wants, odds are maybe 15-1.

And I'll say I've seen it happen where cute girls throw themselves over guys without them even trying and end up going home with them, but that a relatively rare occurrence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or