U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM

300 posts, read 128,152 times

Advertisements

I'm a late-20s female. I know from my experience on dating apps and at bars, women can pretty much sleep with any guy they so choose. If a female wanted a one night stand, she could log onto a dating app and have someone at her door within 30 minutes. Just wondering from a guy's perspective, how easy is it to get the same? If you wanted to get laid on a given night, what's the success rate/time required if you go to a popular bar and hit on girls or log onto Tinder to find someone? This is assuming you're a decently attractive guy with good social skills.

Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM

9,891 posts, read 20,194,590 times
If you’re a man looking for another man it’s probably quite simple.

Most women don’t seek one night stands as often as guys do.

Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM

84 posts, read 13,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthinkpinkxo View Post
I'm a late-20s female. I know from my experience on dating apps and at bars, women can pretty much sleep with any guy they so choose. If a female wanted a one night stand, she could log onto a dating app and have someone at her door within 30 minutes. Just wondering from a guy's perspective, how easy is it to get the same? If you wanted to get laid on a given night, what's the success rate/time required if you go to a popular bar and hit on girls or log onto Tinder to find someone? This is assuming you're a decently attractive guy with good social skills.
Yes assuming this ^yes, You would think this would be the norm, but reality doesn't show this is the case. Hence you're posting on it and wondering why it's not happening all he time.

Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM

7,506 posts, read 2,966,747 times
IDK, you might be surprised. I meet guys that are attractive (to me obviously) and I really enjoy listening to their dating stories. I tell them mine, too, but I don’t talk about one night stands or “hook-ups”. Quite a few have revealed that it’s not too hard to find willing women on an app.

The more surprising part is that some seem kind of disgusted at the situation. “She was so obvious, it just was no thrill”, “She literally showed up at my doorstep” “I chatted while I was buying groceries, she was in the parking lot by the time I was done”.

I believe them. It’s the kind of atmosphere where your friends and neighbors will probably never know, especially in a big city. Maybe a lot more women have lost their inhibitions.

Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM

14,866 posts, read 12,307,193 times
Obviously, as easy as a woman. It does take two to tango.

Old Today, 12:20 AM

694 posts, read 438,406 times
for players, sugar daddies, and very attractive guys, not too hard. but not as easy as an even average looking woman.

Dating apps? For the most part, only the above have good success. Pretty sure most people have seen the graphs below

Mod cut: copyrighted image.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...ng?format=750w

Last edited by PJSaturn; Today at 09:25 AM..

Old Today, 12:39 AM

727 posts, read 188,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Considering nearly 30% of millennial-ish and younger men haven’t had sex in the last year (compared to 18% of women), I’d disagree with that.

Last edited by At Arms Length; Today at 01:03 AM..

Old Today, 12:49 AM

7,506 posts, read 2,966,747 times
Quote:
You would think that makes sense but 3 already showed up to tell ya it ain’t them. One brought the prerequisite graphs you like.

Old Today, 01:50 AM

84 posts, read 13,117 times
Quote:
You know how it is Hawaii. You're gonna get responses from some, who only know their own perspective, trying to explain how it really is and should be.

*OP, I'm giving you one view as a guy who grew up as a guy with no graphs needed. Most guys are just regular, ordinary ppl trying to figure it all out. They are not "attractive/social skills' ppl. They are actually no different than some of the new posters, in other recent threads, wondering why they can't find the guys they want.

Last edited by PardonTheInterruption; Today at 03:10 AM..

Old Today, 03:10 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,033,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthinkpinkxo View Post
With my three chins, fat rolls, and mile-wide stomach, I'm not expecting much success. But if I can finally get in shape, I imagine I would have the luck of an average guy (because of improved confidence over my achievement).

I'm not giving off good energy right now so going home with a woman is going to be a challenge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or