U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 24 days ago)

9,822 posts, read 3,736,481 times

Advertisements

I only was involved with one clingy man, and that was in college. After I told him in no uncertain terms, that we would never be a couple, he hooked up right away with another woman and married her. Her family supported them, since he did not have a job and never worked. He tried to find me again years later when his wife left him, he literally showed up on my doorstep out of the blue one day. I shut the door in his face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

107 posts, read 17,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I only was involved with one clingy man, and that was in college. After I told him in no uncertain terms, that we would never be a couple, he hooked up right away with another woman and married her. Her family supported them, since he did not have a job and never worked. He tried to find me again years later when his wife left him, he literally showed up on my doorstep out of the blue one day. I shut the door in his face.
Rejected college dude shows up at your doorstep uninvited /unannounced years later? Smh...That's what 00 buck is for

Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 24 days ago)

9,822 posts, read 3,736,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Rejected college dude shows up at your doorstep uninvited /unannounced years later? Smh...That's what 00 buck is for
15 years later, to be precise.

He was a professional couch surfer so I think that's what he wanted.

Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM

731 posts, read 190,799 times
Here's another question: how quickly can you tell if a guy is probably going to get clingy? Before you're dating him even? Any sort of behavior patterns that point to his propensity for clinginess?

Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM

79,048 posts, read 70,909,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
Here's another question: how quickly can you tell if a guy is probably going to get clingy? Before you're dating him even? Any sort of behavior patterns that point to his propensity for clinginess?
You can't. I made this point earlier. There's no crystal ball, no tea leaves or coffee grounds to read. It's a chancy thing.

Old Today, 07:42 AM

78 posts, read 53,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Nathan View Post
Iím very curious, but do women ever have a desire to strictly date or sleep with a guy, but avoid doing it because something about him makes it seem as though he would get too attached, be too clingy or want it to be more than what it is (such as wanting a relationship)?

I have a suspicion this may be the case, but I do not know if women ever see guys as attractive in just a casual sense but actually avoid them because they think those guys would want more than a casual relationship
Yes.

Old Today, 08:33 AM

9,895 posts, read 20,200,729 times
If a guy is the right guy, it matters less.

I often wonder if people who ask this kind of question rush in before they know if they are a good match.

Old Today, 08:40 AM

1,098 posts, read 253,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I could see that happening. I think both men and women can be turned off by clinginess.
Ita....clinginess is a turn off for both. But a genuine interest over time is a turn on. It's usually men who stay casual but it can happen the other way around. Why date, tho...if you don't want a relationship? Be honest about it & let it be known at the start you aren't looking for anything but "friendship".....

Old Today, 08:52 AM
Lou

277 posts, read 112,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Personally, I would not be concerned with that so much as incapable, insecure... Cannot help thinking of the Julia Robert's quote:
"Women, you are not rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix him, change him, parent him. You want a partner, not a project."
That can be said to and about both genders.

The stereotypes suggest that men are more detached, whereas women easily get attached to the right man. Again, it can go both ways, especially in modern times when there isn't as much overt pressure to conform.

Old Today, 09:00 AM

722 posts, read 441,502 times
is easily attached men code word for needy/clingy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or