U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM

11,875 posts, read 26,870,659 times

Advertisements

I had a guy tell me he was going out of town for a few days to see his mother and he looks forward to chatting while he's gone and then getting coffee when he gets back. Our conversations were going so well for the week we were chatting. Actually, he has been the only guy I could have a real conversation with so far on the dating sites. I sent the last message that said have a safe trip and enjoy your time. I look forward to chatting more and meeting when you get back. Then nothing........ I wasn't going to chase him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM

962 posts, read 269,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
How did she signal disinterest?

They talked on Sunday, made plans for Thursday, and then said they'd touch base on Thursday.

She touched base on Thursday. He said he forgot and that he has other plans. He then suggested an inappropriate time to meet up for the first time (as if he views it as a hook up).

I don't see how she's at fault here. Because of the movie thing? Please...
Exactly what I was going to say. if someone thinks I'm showing disinterest because I don't bore them with the minutiae of my thoughts about a movie I saw that they didn't (and obviously weren't interested in seeing, if his response to "I'm going to the movies" is "let me know how it was" not "oh, want to go together?"), then I'm probably *not* interested in someone so high-maintenance.

"Let me know how the movie was" is a pretty noncommittal thing people say when they either don't care how the movie was, or they want to make it clear that they are not interested in you inviting them to go with. You're supposed to call somebody specifically to say "yeah, the movie was okay"? Hardly a conversation starter. I'd find someone weird if they initiated a whole phone call for that kind of small talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Yes, the plans were way too vague. She didnít know the day or the time they were supposed to meet. It is no wonder he made plans.
In case we forget, I didn't see her saying HE made definite plans for Thursday, either... (And are his fingers broke that he can't dial a phone? We're putting "touching base" all on her?)

And she said they were supposed to meet Thursday and she couldn't remember when they were going to "touch base," not when they were going to actually meet. Sounds like it was pretty clear they were supposed to do something together that night, and she just couldn't remember when they were going to talk about it to make firm plans.

Old Today, 05:26 PM

4,599 posts, read 2,344,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I would just say that's too late for you and see if he suggests another time. If he doesn't, then he wasn't that interested anyway.
if you want to date him, then tell him the time and place you will meet; if you dont wanna' date him, then dont contact him (he probably wont contact you again either).

big up. you win. you are not the too thirsty one.

Old Today, 06:15 PM

7,531 posts, read 2,976,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
if you want to date him, then tell him the time and place you will meet; if you dont wanna' date him, then dont contact him (he probably wont contact you again either).

big up. you win. you are not the too thirsty one.
I think itís pretty simple too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships