Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 01:40 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I'd leave it up to him to ask for another night.....saying he "forgot" about his game sounds like an excuse to me. People don't "forget" dates if they are excited & looking forward to it....
Agreed, I don't think I've ever forgotten a date whether I was super interested or not. He is going away this Saturday which he did tell me when we first started talking, so he just told he'll be back Wednesday which I guess means he wants to reschedule for next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 01:41 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I would just say that's too late for you and see if he suggests another time. If he doesn't, then he wasn't that interested anyway.
Yea I told him no worries we can meet up another time. No way I'm meeting someone around 11pm for the first time.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:43 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Agreed, I don't think I've ever forgotten a date whether I was super interested or not. He is going away this Saturday which he did tell me when we first started talking, so he just told he'll be back Wednesday which I guess means he wants to reschedule for next week.
He should call you & talk about it beyond texting if he is interested......because next Wednesday is far away. Then you guys can chat & get it straight.....

Old 07-25-2019, 03:17 PM

52,253 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Just texted asking he responded saying he's so sorry he forgot, and that he has a game at 9 but he can meet me after. I don't plan on meeting anyone after 11pm, so I'm going to pass. Besides he why would he makes plans for a Thursday if he has a game? Anyway glad I reached out, now I know he's flake.
Yeah, if a guy "forgets" he has something setup with a woman it's best to move on. People like that are flakes.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:20 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,807 times
Your signaled disinterest, he made other plans. What's the surprise here?

Old 07-25-2019, 03:38 PM

236 posts, read 127,897 times
It's a little presumptous to call him flake bc you both forgot about each other. You did well in contacting him though, now the ball is in his court. Honestly his response did sound slighty disinterested.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:39 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,604,491 times
Quote:
Just texted asking he responded saying he's so sorry he forgot, and that he has a game at 9 but he can meet me after. I don't plan on meeting anyone after 11pm, so I'm going to pass. Besides he why would he makes plans for a Thursday if he has a game? Anyway glad I reached out, now I know he's flake.

In your original post you state: I'm supposed to meet a guy tonight off a dating app. Basically we last spoke on the phone Sunday afternoon, i told him that night I was going to the movies and he asked me to let him know how the movie was and said we would touch base on Thursday (I think or midweek). I never contacted him after the movie, not thinking much of it, but now it's 2:30pm and I haven't heard from him.

now you say he forgot? It seems more like he felt you blew him off and is now distancing himself from a situation he feels is insincere.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:43 PM

17,717 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
How did she signal disinterest?

They talked on Sunday, made plans for Thursday, and then said they'd touch base on Thursday.

She touched base on Thursday. He said he forgot and that he has other plans. He then suggested an inappropriate time to meet up for the first time (as if he views it as a hook up).

I don't see how she's at fault here. Because of the movie thing? Please...

Old 07-25-2019, 03:47 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
How did she signal disinterest?

They talked on Sunday, made plans for Thursday, and then said they'd touch base on Thursday.

She touched base on Thursday. He said he forgot and that he has other plans. He then suggested an inappropriate time to meet up for the first time (as if he views it as hook up).

I don't see how she's at fault here. Because of the movie thing? Please...
She was supposed to let him know how the movie went.....it sounds like he was expecting to hear from her to touch base mid week if she was interested by saying "let me know about the movie" IMO...(whether it's right or wrong to expect it...that is probably how he read it). I wouldn't have liked that but she did agree ....I would have wanted a text or call prior to a date...most guys do that.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:51 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I agree. If someone had said they would let me know how a movie was I'd be expecting to here something, just a brief text even. The fact that that much time passed and no response would tell me she isn't really that interested in me and I'd make other plans too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships