U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM

1,933 posts, read 823,857 times

Advertisements

People get married or stay in serious relationships for money or fear of being single or being alone. Do these people just lie to their SO and tell them they love them and are really into them or what? If so, how could they lie like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM

1,128 posts, read 257,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
People get married or stay in serious relationships for money or fear of being single or being alone. Do these people just lie to their SO and tell them they love them and are really into them or what? If so, how could they lie like that?
Sometimes they lie to themselves too.......like "I stay for the kids" is a really common one. Lots of times it is just fear of being alone & fear of how life will change....but you have to take the risk. Being alone is better than being miserable in a marriage.........for any reason.

Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM

2,633 posts, read 1,967,575 times
Other than money, I say some people stay in marriage only because they deem as the right thing to do and considered their responsibility.

Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM

8,944 posts, read 5,168,990 times
Quote:
Why does anyone do anything? There is no universal answer, other than "because that is what they choose to do".

Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM

110 posts, read 19,702 times
Let's say they ARE lying to each other, how does this affect you such that you are wondering about it? That's ALOT of marriages to ponder.

If you're just concerned about the general state of long-term marriage in today's society, try to keep your own (marriage/LTR) going strong. That's all anyone can really do.

Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Let's say they ARE lying to each other, how does this affect you such that you are wondering about it? That's ALOT of marriages to ponder.

If you're just concerned about the general state of long-term marriage in today's society, try to keep your own (marriage/LTR) going strong. That's all anyone can really do.
Do you really think it's that many marriages? So many get divorced......I wouldn't think so.....

Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM

110 posts, read 19,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Do you really think it's that many marriages? So many get divorced......I wouldn't think so.....
In general yes because ALOT of ppl, who I don't know personally, are currently in long-term marriages and relationships. Why they collectively do or don't stay together would be alot to ponder for me. So, i could either try to figure out millions or thousands of other ppl's marriages or just focus on one. But, that's me.

Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM

6,324 posts, read 6,118,118 times
Quote:
Another reason why couples stay together its because of their children. A divorce has such a negative impact on a child's life.

Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
In general yes because ALOT of ppl, who I don't know personally, are currently in long-term marriages and relationships. Why they collectively do or don't stay together would be alot to ponder for me. So, i could either try to figure out millions or thousands of other ppl's marriages or just focus on one. But, that's me.
Ita...I wouldn't try to figure it out either....but I don't think it's that many. Divorce is too common.....& surprisingly easy ...(I was divorced several months ago).

Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM

1,933 posts, read 823,857 times
Well even before marriage. People who get married and one person isn't really in love but gets married anyways. DO they lie and tell them they are in love?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or