U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 08:22 AM

2,095 posts, read 575,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
Women like to ghost and play hard to get. Even attractive accomplished men feel like they have to pounce on everything because so much of what comes their way is garbage. Yes, garbage. I don't like saying that about people, but most of what I encounter through OLD are people not being serious, taking advantage, and then ghosting.

While I don't know the details, you should be flattered that someone has taken a dedicated interest in you. I've shelled out a lot of money on women who suddenly just disappear for no reason...once they've had their fun, if we are being real. I've also had people agree to a date through OLD platforms, and then not show up or ghost in the run-up. It's really pathetic. I think it's a Millennial thing too, I'm sorry to say.
Yep on the bolded. After this happening so many times, by the time woman #10 comes around, they may start to get a bit impatient with woman #10 doing the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 08:28 AM

7,615 posts, read 2,998,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Yep on the bolded. After this happening so many times, by the time woman #10 comes around, they may start to get a bit impatient with woman #10 doing the same thing.
Oh TT! Why must you gender bash. I know I’ve told you men seem to have a hard time leaving the comfort of their phone and just meeting as well. Let’s agree there’s a distinct segment of OLD’ers who get into it, get excited about the “likes” and messaging, but just can’t seem to pull the trigger (for lack of better phrase).

I think if one is social in real life, they’re social with online dating. QUITE a few introverts and antisocial stand out in the online dating world, as they never actually get their pants on —and walk out into public to meet somebody. They are exasperating. The others make up for it.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Oh TT! Why must you gender bash. I know I’ve told you men seem to have a hard time leaving the comfort of their phone and just meeting as well. Let’s agree there’s a distinct segment of OLD’ers who get into it, get excited about the “likes” and messaging, but just can’t seem to pull the trigger (for lack of better phrase).

I think if one is social in real life, they’re social with online dating. QUITE a few introverts and antisocial stand out in the online dating world, as they never actually get their pants on —and walk out into public to meet somebody. They are exasperating. The others make up for it.
I am NOT gender bashing. Just providing context to deliver info. It's an experience about a man with a woman. And thus the mention of a woman. Must I include "Oh yeah, men are guilty of this too" before you accuse me of gender bashing?! Its like you're looking for something to be offended about.

See if I do that, then I guess that will disqualify my so-called "gender bashing"

Getting sick of people getting offended that I don't speak in "both genders" form "Okay, PEOPLE" You're as bad as those people who get offended for the whole inclusion thing. Like in California changing the name from MAN-holes to a gender neutral format.

Okay, how about THEIR-holes! LOL

Old 08-01-2019, 11:01 AM

9,657 posts, read 5,425,592 times
Quote:

If that's considered gender bashing, then this whole thread is gender bashing. Pointing out that women on OLD ghost is no different than pointing out that some men on OLD are a bit overzealous, impatient, insecure.

All of these behaviors (both men and women) are more prevalent when you interact with pixels on the screen over real life individuals.

There was a study a long time ago that studied human behavior waiting in line or busy area of a store versus a behavior while sitting/navigating traffic. People are less likely to yell (honk), push (tailgate), cut off other humans in line... Why? Because in person, you are dealing with a person... while sitting in a car, people tend not to see people in front of them but cars only; inanimate objects... er obstacles.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
If that's considered gender bashing, then this whole thread is gender bashing. Pointing out that women on OLD ghost is no different than pointing out that some men on OLD are a bit overzealous, impatient, insecure.

All of these behaviors (both men and women) are more prevalent when you interact with pixels on the screen over real life individuals.

There was a study a long time ago that studied human behavior waiting in line or busy area of a store versus a behavior while sitting/navigating traffic. People are less likely to yell (honk), push (tailgate), cut off other humans in line... Why? Because in person, you are dealing with a person... while sitting in a car, people tend not to see people in front of them but cars only; inanimate objects... er obstacles.

Yes, it's already been addressed, and that's why the thread's title was changed. When someone stereotypes (is that better?) They continue to say things like "That's what women do!" That's why the title was changed, let's follow along.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:07 PM

542 posts, read 324,803 times
What looks like ghosting to Hiruko and TT might be this woman having 100 msges in a day and losing track where she is at with someone and or the conversation got boring and she walked away to feed her dog or somehing and just forgot to reply. Its different if youve already been on some dates and she ghosts or stands you up on a date.

I dont think most men know just how swamped the average woman is with messages and its not possible to answer them all. She might have brief convos with a few guys in a day but if she is not wowed...its just your standard boring 5 questions everyone else asks....whats your name...job...what you do for fun...etc. she will probably forget you.

OLD is bad for guys unless something about you really stands out. Your chat game has to be on point. Its probably easier just to pick a girl up at a bar.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:21 PM

9,657 posts, read 5,425,592 times
Quote:
Yes, it's already been addressed, and that's why the thread's title was changed. When someone stereotypes (is that better?) They continue to say things like "That's what women do!" That's why the title was changed, let's follow along.
Title wasn't changed when I responded.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
This ^ .

Mod note to everyone: The thread title has been edited and I've deleted posts and comments which lean toward gender bashing. I've also deleted posts and comments which have been "orphaned." An orphaned comment is one which replies to or refers to another comment/post which has since been deleted.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Title wasn't changed when I responded.
Uh...yeah, it went from gender bashing on 7/27, that’s why I tried to redirect. It gets tiresome.

Old Yesterday, 02:37 AM

1,544 posts, read 759,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
What looks like ghosting to Hiruko and TT might be this woman having 100 msges in a day and losing track where she is at with someone and or the conversation got boring and she walked away to feed her dog or somehing and just forgot to reply. Its different if youve already been on some dates and she ghosts or stands you up on a date.
I'm a man. Reasonably attractive. I get 40 hits a day and go on a lot of dates. You know how many people I have ghosted in my life? Zilch. If I don't feel like having a relationship with them, I tell them politely. It's not hard. The risk of someone 'blowing up' on you is near nil.

Old Yesterday, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Ghosting doesn't necessarily have to be an in-person situation. Like if your going back and forth online, suggest meeting, and they agree to it...then you ask, "So how about we meet at Alfredo's on Saturday?"

You hear crickets

"Hello...you there?"

STill crickets (Ghost)

Quote:
I dont think most men know just how swamped the average woman is with messages and its not possible to answer them all. She might have brief convos with a few guys in a day but if she is not wowed...its just your standard boring 5 questions everyone else asks....whats your name...job...what you do for fun...etc. she will probably forget you.
OH yeah, they can be swamped, that's why sending follow ups from 2 weeks to a month later is something i do sometimes. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Also, most peoples' profiles are boring with the standard, "Work hard, play hard" or "Looking for my partner in crime" "Looking for nice guy" or "I'm easy going, romantic". Though written by different people, the profiles start to sound alike after a while.

Of course, if you're not 6 feet tall, or if they think you look like a troll...no matter how interesting you are, that won't cut it.

Quote:
OLD is bad for guys unless something about you really stands out. Your chat game has to be on point. Its probably easier just to pick a girl up at a bar.
I could start throwing innuendo into my initial emails. lol

Also, I've been seeing some that just do selfies (mostly head shots). I mean, at least give me a photo from the waist up. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or