U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 01:30 PM

4,513 posts, read 4,328,803 times

Advertisements

I didn't date until I was about 21. I was painfully shy AND an introvert. Tough combo. I would think as a woman it would be easier since its always on the man to initiate any interaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 01:35 PM

1,685 posts, read 3,618,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwestside View Post
Being single at 21 is normal, but is it normal to never have dated?
You have dated before just not in the romantic sense perhaps.

What's normal? No dating is required in some cultures.

Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM

731 posts, read 448,097 times
it's normal enough, and not necessarily about looks. there's many ugly fat people (subjective) happily married, etc. reason why you're single is partially by chance, some is by decisions you make.

as a female, you could think about getting more aggressive for guys you do find interesting. subtle signs tend not to work well. Either suggest "hanging out" or ask guys out directly. Aside from that, you're limited to trying to meet more people and appear inviting.

Old Today, 01:14 AM

1,535 posts, read 755,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwestside View Post
Being single at 21 is normal, but is it normal to never have dated?
Yes, it is perfectly normal. Even so, I think people should be less preoccupied with what is "normal," and more concerned about what is right for them. There are plenty of people who have never dated anyone in their entire life but have led healthy lives that they are satisfied with. You focus on your own goals from within.

Old Today, 02:04 PM

521 posts, read 430,055 times
You are normal. My advice is to just be open to meeting someone and it will happen eventually. Smile and be approachable and you will attract guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or