U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM

359 posts, read 455,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
OP please stop. When I was 20 my boyfriend was 37. I didnt understand the creepiness at the time but when I look back I realize how he took advantage of me. I should have been dating guys my own age. He was the aggressive pursuer in it and I just didnt know how to set boundaries then.

Leave her alone, its very inappropriate. And even if she seems to accept the relationship now in a few years she will look back with regret. Its creepy and weird.
I agree. I also dated older men in my 16-21 years, and seriously donít understand why my parents didnít set me straight back then. As a parent of a 20 something college student, my advice to my daughter is to ignore advances from older men. Its just creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM

304 posts, read 60,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
was he also from socal ?
Lol. No he wasn't.

Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM

4,087 posts, read 7,373,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl727 View Post
I agree. I also dated older men in my 16-21 years, and seriously donít understand why my parents didnít set me straight back then. As a parent of a 20 something college student, my advice to my daughter is to ignore advances from older men. Its just creepy.
I thought I was pushing it pretty hard when as a college freshman, I dated a 5th year senior.

Old Today, 11:34 AM

22,658 posts, read 24,258,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, let it go.

Don't keep reaching out to her as it will start to get creepy. You said you what you had to say and leave it at that.

The age gap between you two is the worst possible one. Age gaps can work for some but not this combination of ages. Too much life experience differences.
And the fact that the OP's 14-year-old daughter thinks OP shouldn't be dating his 18-year-old classmate should speak volumes. The interests of his own child should come before whatever this dude's little head is telling him.

Old Today, 01:48 PM

20,820 posts, read 16,774,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And the fact that the OP's 14-year-old daughter thinks OP shouldn't be dating his 18-year-old classmate should speak volumes. The interests of his own child should come before whatever this dude's little head is telling him.
I don’t think it’s even about sex. I have a feeling OP is one of those people who want someone to rescue. He wants just keep her like a little doll and protect her. At the expense of her living her own life and finding her true self of course.

Old Today, 02:09 PM

40,617 posts, read 40,146,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, that's just gross actually, I didn't read the entire thread, just answered the OP on face value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I donít think itís even about sex. I have a feeling OP is one of those people who want someone to rescue. He wants just keep her like a little doll and protect her. At the expense of her living her own life and finding her true self of course.
Yeah, you're probably right. I can't imagine a guy at that age, I'm trying to remember 35 and from what I can pull out of the cobwebs I just couldn't imagine entertaining the thought of being with a girl still possibly in High School. Throw in the fact that he has a daughter 4 years younger than her and it amps that creepy factor up about a 1000%.

They are not working on equal planes, even if you say she's an "old" 18, it's a situation with very little parity in terms of the larger understanding of life, and how things work, experience, etc etc.

I said that originally, worst possible age combo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or