U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
43,550 posts, read 42,115,885 times
Reputation: 83801

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal225 View Post

... just that we are "better off as friends."
She has in fact told you that twice now. Please respect it.

This is not a situation where persistence will pay off. In fact, keeping after her only makes you look immature and self-centered.

LET IT GO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM
 
46 posts, read 10,818 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Your 14 year old daughter has probably started dating, or if she hasn't will start very soon. Picture your daughter dating a 31 year old man. A 17 year age gap sounds pretty disturbing doesn't it.

Heck, picture your 14 year old dating someone just ten years older, a college graduate with several years of experience working and living on his own. Pretty scary isn't it.


I know that you would say that your teenage girlfriend was an exception because she is "mature". I bet your daughter thinks that she is mature for her age, too.
No, my daughter has not started dating but she has said it is embarrassing that I am dating an 18-year-old and that she (the girl) probably is not fully matured mentally and that she (the girl) doesn't know exactly what she wants in life yet and that I'm better off dating a girl my age. The thing is I'm not actively seeking these young girls out, I am open to dating women my age it just coincidental that I have developed friendships and then more with these girls who happen to be younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM
 
Location: In a place beyond human comprehension
7,693 posts, read 4,918,066 times
Reputation: 12637
Your 14 year old said all that? Damn she's smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM
 
46 posts, read 10,818 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
She has in fact told you that twice now. Please respect it.

This is not a situation where persistence will pay off. In fact, keeping after her only makes you look immature and self-centered.

LET IT GO.
So what if I end up winning her back? What would you say then? Why must everyone here always be so negative? I thought we were supposed to offer support and encouragement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
 
46 posts, read 10,818 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Your 14 year old said all that? Damn she's smart.
Yeah, she actually did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
31,848 posts, read 20,102,495 times
Reputation: 46017
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal225 View Post
No other woman will be like her ;(
Of course not.

But SHE will not be like she is now, in 5 years. That is an age of many changes.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
79,079 posts, read 70,964,254 times
Reputation: 77165
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal225 View Post
Any thoughts on sending her the flowers?
Why do you keep asking? We've already addressed this. Re-read the posts so far, if you missed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
17,131 posts, read 17,454,343 times
Reputation: 41788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Your 14 year old said all that? Damn she's smart.
And, mature.
But, even though she is mature she seems too smart to fall for someone in his 30s when she is a teenager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
79,079 posts, read 70,964,254 times
Reputation: 77165
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal225 View Post
So what if I end up winning her back? What would you say then? Why must everyone here always be so negative? I thought we were supposed to offer support and encouragement.
You came to the wrong place, if you wanted validation for continuing to harass someone who has clearly told you "no". No means no. Maturity means accepting reality and moving on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM
 
3,804 posts, read 3,019,951 times
Reputation: 7640
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal225 View Post
Any thoughts on sending her the flowers?
Oh [bleep]. Grow the hell up. Flowers are not going to fix your problem.

Last edited by PJSaturn; Today at 09:03 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top