U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 07:02 PM

780 posts, read 663,602 times

Advertisements

I’m kinda Aspy and a few points out of the spectrum. I’m married, so it’s not inconceivable that some women date folks on the spectrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 08:15 AM

432 posts, read 121,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Wow thatís pretty messed up.

Is it really though? Have you not seen the way she behaves?

Old 09-04-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I get it. But people need to know, especially women who are considering that shy awkward guy who maybe works in tech and loves to talk about his special interests as long as anyone's willing to listen.

That's funny. I'm an IT Pro, and have a handful of friends who are as well, or are "tech guys," as you put it. A lot of us our social butterflies, some are not. I wasn't aware that having a job in my field and conversing with others about things we are passionate about, automatically means we're autistic, and we're on the spectrum. I get what you're trying to say, and I am sorry to hear about the experience you had, but you are making quite large assumption here. You said it yourself, it could be anyone from anywhere. Anthony Hopkins has Asperger's. Andy Warhol, while not officially diagnosed, showed signs of autism, which many doctors agree to this day that he did have it. Hell, even the creator of Pokemon is Autistic/has Asperger's. Some people have it worse than others, and sometimes it's the last person you'd expect.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:36 AM

22,785 posts, read 24,459,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
A performer's public persona is not at all how they behave in real life when the cameras are off. Someone like Amy Shumer couldn't run her company and manage her career her if she actually was a drunk party girl 24/7. But I digress...

Old 09-04-2019, 09:19 AM

9,813 posts, read 13,663,527 times
I think someone else with autism would.

My cousin and her husband both have autism. They are perfect for eachother. They work and they own a home and it works. That said, they are pretty high functioning.

But autism is not a life sentence for being single. They can definitely find someone.

Would I personally date someone with autism? Sorry, no I wouldn't.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
A performer's public persona is not at all how they behave in real life when the cameras are off. Someone like Amy Shumer couldn't run her company and manage her career her if she actually was a drunk party girl 24/7. But I digress...

When you're missing some screws, you're missing some screws. They don't magically reappear and bolt back on to secure that thing in her head she considers a brain, cameras or not.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:24 AM

9,813 posts, read 13,663,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
It's true that women like to date men that they deem "Have their stuff together". That doesn't mean that having autism automatically means you don't have your stuff together. There are a LOT of celebrities and well known people on the spectrum, and they've found their 'thing'.

Bill Gates, Jerry Seinfeld, Neil Young, Daryl Hanna, Dan Akroyd to name a few.
They have money. Some people don't care who you are as long as you have $$.

It's infinitely harder for unfamous/middle of the road people to date if you have something like autism.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:46 AM

21,465 posts, read 17,049,955 times
Quote:
How does she behave? Worse than male comedians? Worse than you and your friends would have with $10,000,000 in your 20’s?

In any case they recently had their first child and she’s not 22 anymore so I’m sure as with all of us she has matured and will be a great mom. Seems like a good marriage where they both unconditionally accept the other, more power to him.

If anyone wants to see it. She talks about her marriage and his autism in her Netflix stand up special “Growing”.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
How does she behave? Worse than male comedians? Worse than you and your friends would have with $10,000,000 in your 20ís?

In any case they recently had their first child and sheís not 22 anymore so Iím sure as with all of us she has matured and will be a great mom. Seems like a good marriage where they both unconditionally accept the other, more power to him.

If anyone wants to see it. She talks about her marriage and his autism in her Netflix stand up special ďGrowingĒ.

Oh please. bit of a stretch eh? So it's only male comedians who act disgusting? Hah, OK. Love the, "if you were her you'd do the same" bit. No, I wouldn't. But to answer your question, where to begin with how she acts or behaves? She stole, and still steals numerous jokes from well known comedians incessantly, and then tried denying it when there was physical evidence, created a hate group over spicy chicken nuggets and created a campaign again Wendy's and lashed out at every man out there, constantly tries getting involved in politics and thinks she knows what she's talking about, just because her cousin Chuck Schumer is a politician, and was an absolute hypocrite about the #MeTooMovement.

But please continue on about how her jokes about how "gross her vagina is" and that "we'd puke on sight," makes her an A+ comedian. I'll wait.

Old 09-04-2019, 03:56 PM

21,465 posts, read 17,049,955 times
Quote:
Oh please. bit of a stretch eh? So it's only male comedians who act disgusting? Hah, OK. Love the, "if you were her you'd do the same" bit. No, I wouldn't. But to answer your question, where to begin with how she acts or behaves? She stole, and still steals numerous jokes from well known comedians incessantly, and then tried denying it when there was physical evidence, created a hate group over spicy chicken nuggets and created a campaign again Wendy's and lashed out at every man out there, constantly tries getting involved in politics and thinks she knows what she's talking about, just because her cousin Chuck Schumer is a politician, and was an absolute hypocrite about the #MeTooMovement.

But please continue on about how her jokes about how "gross her vagina is" and that "we'd puke on sight," makes her an A+ comedian. I'll wait.
You donít have to like her politics or her humor but none of that sounds especially egregious to me. You just donít like her, thatís fine. Others do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or