U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM

13,357 posts, read 25,634,814 times

Advertisements

Sometimes a good-bye sexual encounter can be real closure, if it doesn't bring up the desire for a full relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,360,520 times
You have to figure out why you do or don't want to be his friend. I don't have any exs whom I want to be friends. I do have family and friends who are friends with their exs. Just not for me.

Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM

5,546 posts, read 8,196,329 times
Sure, IF you really want to do it & neither of you is in a relationship currently, I don't see any harm in it by the way you describe the situation. Just 2 pals who want to meet up. You two broke up on a positive, mutual note, so I guess if you really want to. If you don't, then don't...no big deal.

Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM

307 posts, read 129,760 times
Thanks for the responses; when I reflect on it, I don't really have a desire to be his friend so it's more about trying to be nice because he's brought it up a few times. I do have a small curiosity what he's been up to and there's a small part of me that kind of misses him, but I ultimately want to find a guy who wants a relationship with me. I am not interested in benefits with him, especially since he's sleeping with other women now too.

Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM

5,546 posts, read 8,196,329 times
^ Good, don't waste your time! There's a whole world out there of NEW people to meet!

Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM

360 posts, read 63,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
If you two didn't see eye-to-eye on a lot of stuff and broke up because of a lack of compatibility, what would be the basis for a friendship? Or the desire for it?
compatibility as a couple is different from compatibility as just friends.

On the other hand, I can't see being "friends" with any of my ex-girlfriends but that would be for different reasons, mostly stuff guys like vs stuff chicks like.

Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM

307 posts, read 129,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post

On the other hand, I can't see being "friends" with any of my ex-girlfriends but that would be for different reasons, mostly stuff guys like vs stuff chicks like.
I agree with this; friendship compatibility has a lower threshold for me in terms of how much we need to agree on, etc.

Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM

119 posts, read 22,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
I know, that's the reason i highlighted that specific quote from her.
She said "they didnt see eye-to-eye on alot of stuff". I took that to mean, in context, she had little in common with him. It's harder to be friends or bf/gf if you don't see eye to eye on most things.

Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM

36,786 posts, read 42,092,427 times
Eh.

Since you genuinely have no desire to be friends, I'd skip it. He'll be be leaving very soon, anyway (He's pushing the upper age limit for most branches of the military, and two of them, he's already too old for).

Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM

119 posts, read 22,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
(He's pushing the upper age limit for most branches of the military, and two of them, he's already too old for).
Enlisting as an older service member is a negative? The man is 33 and wants to serve. If he can he should. Maybe ppl shouldn't go back to college, have a career change, or have kids at "the upper age limit" either.

Last edited by PardonTheInterruption; Yesterday at 04:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or