U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 05:37 PM

2,036 posts, read 984,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Nobody is forcing you.
"No". Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for some people to say. I will never get that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM

563 posts, read 144,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
Full disclosure: My mother died almost six years ago and never once raised the possibility of my being with anyone. It was never an issue and still isnít as far as Iím concerned.

Since the old girl went to meet her maker, my Dadís side of the family have staged several near interventions about the lack of Ďan appropriate femaleí at the Christmas table. Itís common knowledge that Iím averse, if not downright hostile, to any kind of coupled or shared life, but still the hints and awkward introductions continue.

ĎDid you call so and so?í No I didnít. I might have if I was into drinking the Kool Aid and breeding like rabbits as my cousins do, but Iíd far rather go to movies, concerts and the theatre on my own (itís cheaper), eat like a bachelor and read my life away. Itís how I roll.
If this is really how you feel about even the possibility of a relationship (and it's perfectly ok if you do) then you would be kinder to the other half of the set up to simply say no. They might be hoping to meet their future partner and you would be wasting your time if you really have zero interest in such a thing. Either don't make the call or if they have the audacity to actually set it up without your consent then just make it clear that you will NOT be showing up. If you have the other person's contact then just be polite but firm that you were not party to it and, nothing personal but you won't be there and they should alter their plans.

Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM

56,613 posts, read 54,993,387 times
Huh. I always thought scribbles was female.

Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM

23,680 posts, read 33,572,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Iíve been on blind dates a number of times. Whatís the big deal? Itís just another way of meeting people.
The OP has been completely transparent that they are not interested in dating at all. The fact that you are encouraging two people to waste time on something one party has already made a predestined outcome on is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships