U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:39 AM

12,539 posts, read 9,993,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Weíre at a ballgame for his bday and when I get there he tells me he sat me next to his friend because weíre both single and thinks weíd be a good match.

Iím not a fan of being put on the spot like that but Iím like whatever. Im getting a rare opportunity for myself so let me see if I can take advantage of it.

I try to strike up a conversation with her asking her questions trying to open up a dialogue she gives one word answers to everything. She literally wants no part of the conversation. I try one more time later on same thing gives me nothing and turns around after answering like leave me alone.

It wasnít like I was blatantly flirting with her I was simply trying to strike up a convo like a normal human being and nothing. It wasnít like she was some beauty queen either she was halfway decent looking. Not somebody Iíd notice when Iím out but still I was willing to see if there was anything there.

I guess if youíre unattractive some people wonít even want to have a convo with you? Lol.

This is why I donít even try with woman at all because the few times I do i get treated like ****.
I don't really understand, honesty, why this is considered "treating you like ****". She was not interested. She demonstrated that. You were potentially considered rude for continuing after she clearly was not interested.

Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM

4,322 posts, read 4,726,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I don't really understand, honesty, why this is considered "treating you like ****". She was not interested. She demonstrated that. You were potentially considered rude for continuing after she clearly was not interested.
I agree I was clearly the rude one trying to strike up a conversation two times in a span of three hours.

Do you think I should tell my friend to tell her I apologize for my boorish behavior?

Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM

2,097 posts, read 575,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You were potentially considered rude for continuing after she clearly was not interested.
I'm not really sure it's the level of interest that should be considered, but moreso if you're going to be hanging with friends at an event, you should at least be somewhat engaging with that person. Personally, I think she was better off staying home. I mean, if you're going to go out on a Sat night, you should at least be somewhat social and not a total lump on a log.

Hell, if there's no chemistry, you may have at least made a friend.

Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM

7,487 posts, read 11,625,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
Lookit. The poll option meant that you value your lover’s ability to be a bosom companion to you, rather than a provider/dream specimen/solid rearing partner. 60% of people want their lovers to be friends also. Not, 60% want their friends to be lovers. We all know what it means when a love interest says “Aww, you’re such a great friend!”
I do know what you mean.

And I'll be honest. I think that's the reason there's so many problems and unhappiness in adult relationships.

Because people choose with their penises and vaginas instead of their head.

Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM

5,564 posts, read 8,212,158 times
While you were BOTH stuck in that position & even though it's not like the 2 of you will ever see each other again, SHE could have made the best of it so the day went more pleasant. You made the best of it, it seems, but she wasn't having it. Oh well, you tried!

Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I'm not really sure it's the level of interest that should be considered, but moreso if you're going to be hanging with friends at an event, you should at least be somewhat engaging with that person. Personally, I think she was better off staying home. I mean, if you're going to go out on a Sat night, you should at least be somewhat social and not a total lump on a log.

Hell, if there's no chemistry, you may have at least made a friend.
Thank you. You can really tell who the people with no manners or social grace or tact are in here by their answers.

If someone Iím sitting next to tries to start a convo with me and asks about me I ask about them even if Iím not that interested because I try to be friendly to people who are friendly to me.

Itís not like I was asking her questions while she was running or in a gym we were sitting for three hours watching a slow moving baseball game. Itís a pretty condusive setting for conversations.

Maybe Iím a dinosaur or something trying to be nice to people. It seems to be more accepted to be a prick nowadays .

Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM

2,097 posts, read 575,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
While you were BOTH stuck in that position & even though it's not like the 2 of you will ever see each other again, SHE could have made the best of it so the day went more pleasant. You made the best of it, it seems, but she wasn't having it. Oh well, you tried!
Yes, unfortunately, there's quite a lot of women out there that do this. Even at the Meetup events. We had a rather engaging organizer that was big on introducing people around. She introduced me to a couple of new ladies, but they had a cold fish handshake and actually, they didn't seem to like the forced introductions. It is rare to have a host introduce new people around.

Anyways, after our dinner gathering, we went dancing. These 2 ladies just sat on the outskirts of the dance floor and just gabbed with each other. Some dudes would try to talk to them, but the were met with what the OP was met with...snubbed.

This kind of a thing with some single women. They typically don't come alone and bring a friend along in case the men don't appeal to them. That way they can talk to each other and snub men approaching them. These are the types that scan the room, go, "Looks like a bunch of ugly dudes" and typically cut their evening short to hit an upscale nightclub with the rest of the general population.

I guess the only rationale here is where you COULD make an excuse for them is "WEll, I do try to engage with him, he may take it the wrong way and think I'm interested". Kind of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Yes, unfortunately, there's quite a lot of women out there that do this. Even at the Meetup events. We had a rather engaging organizer that was big on introducing people around. She introduced me to a couple of new ladies, but they had a cold fish handshake and actually, they didn't seem to like the forced introductions. It is rare to have a host introduce new people around.

Anyways, after our dinner gathering, we went dancing. These 2 ladies just sat on the outskirts of the dance floor and just gabbed with each other. Some dudes would try to talk to them, but the were met with what the OP was met with...snubbed.

This kind of a thing with some single women. They typically don't come alone and bring a friend along in case the men don't appeal to them. That way they can talk to each other and snub men approaching them. These are the types that scan the room, go, "Looks like a bunch of ugly dudes" and typically cut their evening short to hit an upscale nightclub with the rest of the general population.

I guess the only rationale here is where you COULD make an excuse for them is "WEll, I do try to engage with him, he may take it the wrong way and think I'm interested". Kind of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
I think old is partly to blame. Thereís so many more men on there then women so even some average women will be bombarded by messages from men and it may give them an inflated ego which Iím not blaming them for its just human nature.

So then they go out and think ďyuck Iím not into this blah looking guy I got attractive men sending me messages onlineĒ

Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

193 posts, read 42,745 times
OP: are you the type to strike up conversations with strangers on buses, planes, in line, etc.? Not in a dating context. Just curious.

Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
OP: are you the type to strike up conversations with strangers on buses, planes, in line, etc.? Not in a dating context. Just curious.
Not a lot no.. Iím kinda shy before I get to know somebody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or