U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 01:22 PM

3,807 posts, read 3,028,391 times

Advertisements

I think you're projecting too much onto this woman. There's no excuse for being rude, but you have no idea what was going on in her world that day. Maybe she had a bad day...maybe she was worried about a sick relative...maybe she was really into the game and found attempts at conversation distracting (this is me at hockey games)...who knows. Don't assume that her behavior was somehow related to your appearance. It may well have had nothing to do with you.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:23 PM

9,107 posts, read 8,396,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I was actually excited about it because I’m very rarely around single woman and I’m kinda shy so this was an opportunity to maybe meet someone.

In hindsight though my friend should have read the situation better and tried to hook her up with a good looking guy he knows. Give her a treat something to get excited about.

She sees me and thinks I’m so ugly that she’s afraid to even strike up a conversation in fear that I would get the wrong impression and think she likes me.
Way to make up a whole scenario about her thoughts.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:05 PM

7,487 posts, read 11,629,808 times
Quote:
I’m 39 and I guessing she was at least mid 30’s.

It’s pathetic to still be that way. I always try to be friendly to people trying to be friendly with me.
Much less common when you get into your 40s.

I'd venture to guess that even most of the biggest ******* I knew in high school would probably 'talk' to most guys if we're talking about just talking and being relatively friendly.

That said, that doesn't mean they're interested in you either.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:15 PM

12,368 posts, read 13,646,526 times
Oh, I remember those days. Lol

When you are with two friends and one says, “I got the blonde.” The other quickly say, “I got the brunette!” Then they both say, “You get her!” I look up and she is smiling with her one tooth. “Thanks guys!”

Old 07-29-2019, 02:48 PM

4,322 posts, read 4,726,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Much less common when you get into your 40s.

I'd venture to guess that even most of the biggest ******* I knew in high school would probably 'talk' to most guys if we're talking about just talking and being relatively friendly.

That said, that doesn't mean they're interested in you either.
Beleive me I learned first hand not too mistake friendliness for interest.

I just prefer that to not even wanting to have a convo. Maybe I was raised different in terms of how to treat people. I can’t imagine being that stuck up and full of myself.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:53 PM

474 posts, read 152,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Oh, I remember those days. Lol

When you are with two friends and one says, “I got the blonde.” The other quickly say, “I got the brunette!” Then they both say, “You get her!” I look up and she is smiling with her one tooth. “Thanks guys!”

"She'd be great at starting an apple for me !"

Old 07-29-2019, 02:55 PM

464 posts, read 577,802 times
man ****-her!..its not like you paid her way in,and bought her treats..it aint no loss,..still your friend shouldve gave her/you the heads up..she will want somebody to kiss her ass..

Old 07-29-2019, 02:59 PM

18,417 posts, read 9,066,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
"She'd be great at starting an apple for me !"
Or for a Dental School project. Talk about a blank canvas, or nearly so!

Old 07-29-2019, 03:43 PM

474 posts, read 152,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Or for a Dental School project. Talk about a blank canvas, or nearly so!

"She got summer teef!"

"Summer there, some aren't!"

Old 07-29-2019, 05:03 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,715,389 times
Quote:
We’re at a ballgame for his bday and when I get there he tells me he sat me next to his friend because we’re both single and thinks we’d be a good match.

I’m not a fan of being put on the spot like that but I’m like whatever. Im getting a rare opportunity for myself so let me see if I can take advantage of it.

I try to strike up a conversation with her asking her questions trying to open up a dialogue she gives one word answers to everything. She literally wants no part of the conversation. I try one more time later on same thing gives me nothing and turns around after answering like leave me alone.

It wasn’t like I was blatantly flirting with her I was simply trying to strike up a convo like a normal human being and nothing. It wasn’t like she was some beauty queen either she was halfway decent looking. Not somebody I’d notice when I’m out but still I was willing to see if there was anything there.

I guess if you’re unattractive some people won’t even want to have a convo with you? Lol.

This is why I don’t even try with woman at all because the few times I do i get treated like ****.
I wish you the best, but your threads are sounding entitled. She should smile and talk to you because she's no beauty queen? Do seriously believe that? Not every one is going to be attracted to everybody else. You tried once (I probably would have left it there), then twice. No big deal. Enjoy the rest of day with friends absent her. Why the bitterness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or