U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2019, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
43,606 posts, read 42,225,424 times
Reputation: 84026

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Once again it was the point that even though I wasnít that attracted to her I figured since she was sitting next to me and my friend tried to set it up Iíd at least try to strike a conversation up and see what happens.

I wasnít gonna say nothing at all to her just because sheís not a beauty queen.
And once again you prove that's not true because you use this experience to relaunch your "this is why I don't even try" rant even though you were actually trying a tiny bit.

So from here it reads as if you thought you'd try, and when she didn't also try, you revert to your old defensive complaint.

 
Old 07-29-2019, 08:59 PM
 
5,538 posts, read 2,398,109 times
Reputation: 15309
OP- maybe socializing or dating isn't for you...

The whole "I'm ugly" is played out.
 
Old 07-29-2019, 09:06 PM
 
Location: California
1,419 posts, read 422,462 times
Reputation: 2542
Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
It really irritates me when just because one is single...a friend always gets the bright idea that maybe they can play matchmaker WITHOUT even knowing your preferences or anything.Just because one is single doesn't mean it's easy to match up with another single.It doesn't work like that UNLESS there is mutual attraction between the 2 single people...period.
The woman probably wasn't attracted to you...no big deal.
I think that it was not a good idea for your friend to have tried to match you up with a single person right there on the spot.

True and in this case because it was his friends birthday this woman was trapped. They both were.
 
Old 07-29-2019, 10:48 PM
 
4,322 posts, read 4,726,157 times
Reputation: 2939
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
And once again you prove that's not true because you use this experience to relaunch your "this is why I don't even try" rant even though you were actually trying a tiny bit.

So from here it reads as if you thought you'd try, and when she didn't also try, you revert to your old defensive complaint.
Huh? I had a conversation with her since she was next to me and my friend wanted to hook us up. she wanted nothing to do with me and even though I wasn’t that into her I admitted it hurt to be ignored/rejected again so what is your point?

You’re always in my threads trying to “expose” me or rip me. That’s all you do.
 
Old 07-29-2019, 10:53 PM
 
4,322 posts, read 4,726,157 times
Reputation: 2939
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
OP- maybe socializing or dating isn't for you...

The whole "I'm ugly" is played out.
Iím glad itís played out to you. Iím the one who has to live with it so whatís played out to you is irrelevant to me.
 
Old 07-30-2019, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
14,905 posts, read 12,360,174 times
Reputation: 26474
So what’s the point of the thread? Don’t bother dating if you’re ugly because only 6’ 2” Chads can get dates?
 
Old 07-30-2019, 06:28 AM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
43,606 posts, read 42,225,424 times
Reputation: 84026
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Huh? I had a conversation with her since she was next to me and my friend wanted to hook us up. she wanted nothing to do with me and even though I wasnít that into her I admitted it hurt to be ignored/rejected again so what is your point?

Youíre always in my threads trying to ďexposeĒ me or rip me. Thatís all you do.
And all you do is write the same thread, different day, about how ugly you are and how you can't make things work, yet again.

I'm trying to expose you to yourself. I thought you could learn. Looks like I'm the one who needs to learn to not fall for the bait anymore.

It's really unfortunate she was rude to you. The conclusions you read into it are unfortunate as well.
 
Old 07-30-2019, 06:37 AM
 
1,190 posts, read 491,655 times
Reputation: 1532
Meh. Once you got the uninterested vibe shoulda just ignored her and had a great time with your friend.
 
Old 07-30-2019, 06:40 AM
 
1,190 posts, read 491,655 times
Reputation: 1532
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Iím glad itís played out to you. Iím the one who has to live with it so whatís played out to you is irrelevant to me.
What exactly is ugly about you, in your opinion? Specifically.
 
Old 07-30-2019, 06:55 AM
 
12,882 posts, read 14,177,081 times
Reputation: 35288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Weíre at a ballgame for his bday and when I get there he tells me he sat me next to his friend because weíre both single and thinks weíd be a good match.

Iím not a fan of being put on the spot like that but Iím like whatever. Im getting a rare opportunity for myself so let me see if I can take advantage of it.

I try to strike up a conversation with her asking her questions trying to open up a dialogue she gives one word answers to everything. She literally wants no part of the conversation. I try one more time later on same thing gives me nothing and turns around after answering like leave me alone.....
The first thing I would think is that she was not at all keen on being set up and was very uncomfortable.

Better luck next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top