Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 08:20 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,034 times

Advertisements

We’re at a ballgame for his bday and when I get there he tells me he sat me next to his friend because we’re both single and thinks we’d be a good match.

I’m not a fan of being put on the spot like that but I’m like whatever. Im getting a rare opportunity for myself so let me see if I can take advantage of it.

I try to strike up a conversation with her asking her questions trying to open up a dialogue she gives one word answers to everything. She literally wants no part of the conversation. I try one more time later on same thing gives me nothing and turns around after answering like leave me alone.

It wasn’t like I was blatantly flirting with her I was simply trying to strike up a convo like a normal human being and nothing. It wasn’t like she was some beauty queen either she was halfway decent looking. Not somebody I’d notice when I’m out but still I was willing to see if there was anything there.

I guess if you’re unattractive some people won’t even want to have a convo with you? Lol.

This is why I don’t even try with woman at all because the few times I do i get treated like ****.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:25 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

I guess if you’re unattractive some people won’t even want to have a convo with you? Lol.
Even if you are attractive, if the person isn't into you or not wanting to be set-up or just don't want to talk, they won't want a convo.

Freedom of choice, just like you with that girl you went on a date with a couple of weeks ago.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:31 AM

3,639 posts, read 1,596,085 times
She might have felt "put on the spot" too and I wouldn't make much of the one word answers if she felt awkward. Also, chances there will be attraction meeting a total stranger is very low.

Now if you go to ballgames every weekend and he brings a different single lady each game, then you might meet someone you like a lot.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:32 AM

236 posts, read 127,758 times
She KNEW she was being setup and wasn't happy about it. Period

Old 07-29-2019, 08:36 AM

1,210 posts, read 887,591 times
If I was that chick, I'd be a lot nicer even if I found the dude unattractive or whatever. I like conversive, interesting, glib, happy, confident, forward, honest, intelligent people with a sense of humor.
Of course, we don't know what was on her mind....maybe something bad just happened to her like she lost her job - can't fault her for that - fecal material happens.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:39 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
We’re at a ballgame for his bday and when I get there he tells me he sat me next to his friend because we’re both single and thinks we’d be a good match.

I’m not a fan of being put on the spot like that but I’m like whatever. Im getting a rare opportunity for myself so let me see if I can take advantage of it.

I try to strike up a conversation with her asking her questions trying to open up a dialogue she gives one word answers to everything. She literally wants no part of the conversation. I try one more time later on same thing gives me nothing and turns around after answering like leave me alone.

It wasn’t like I was blatantly flirting with her I was simply trying to strike up a convo like a normal human being and nothing. It wasn’t like she was some beauty queen either she was halfway decent looking. Not somebody I’d notice when I’m out but still I was willing to see if there was anything there.

This is why I don’t even try with woman at all because the few times I do i get treated like ****.
You're reading a lot into this. She may be one of those (like some of our members here), who hates set-ups, and resented her friend for doing that. You did the polite thing, in trying to make the best of the situation, while not overdoing it in view of her body language.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:57 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,082,144 times
Quote:

This happened to me pretty often too, though typically it was more at house parties and birthday parties and stuff. Sometimes, I'd get a couple of minutes of conversation in and they'd be already looking for a way out.

The bottom line is this...

Let's say tomorrow you wake up and you're 6'1" and really good looking. And you meet this woman again. And she opens up like a 7-11. Do you want to be with someone like that?

And lets say that it might not be your looks. Do you want to be with someone who is rude and curt to a stranger for any reason? I don't buy the ... it's in the moment thing. So, that woman the next you see her is going to be ready to have a 20 minute conversation with you? Doubtful...

I mean, granted, lots of guys would say yes, and lots of women do act that way, but it's a real, live question. Because those are the things you SHOULD be concerning yourself with. Those are the important compatibility points.

I know it's hard for you to do that because you cannot even get A woman, but it's very smart to start looking at things like that. It will serve you well in the long run. I wish I could have seen things back then that way.

Anyway ... if your answer happens to be yes, start working on your 'game'...

Old 07-29-2019, 09:58 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
She KNEW she was being setup and wasn't happy about it. Period
Unfortunate the OP had to bear the cross of her feelings but the woman had every right to be upset about being placed on the spot. If I was the OP, I’d rip, tear, and staple the friend a new one for placing me into that situation.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:08 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
She was probably set up without her permission or against her wishes. I think it's weird you mentioned how she wasn't that attractive, as if that was a reason for her poor attitude.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:11 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
She was probably set up without her permission or against her wishes. I think it's weird you mentioned how she wasn't that attractive, as if that was a reason for her poor attitude.
Exactly... She probably didn't appreciate being blind sided like that... as you weren't. There are many reasons why should could have been so standoffish.. many of which probably had nothing to do with you.. so forget about it and move on..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships