U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 03:14 AM

82 posts, read 13,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A5SaLZ7rsa0

This isn’t even a relationship discussion. It’s self improvement, maybe work/employment given OP’s context, non-romantic relationships perhaps. At any rate I think most of us have people who’ve inspired us to do better. The trick is being inspired while not putting these people up on a pedestal; they’re only human. I’m pretty picky about who I draw inspiration from. Maybe it’s because I’m reasonably successful in my own right and don’t have major issues with my confidence. But I’ve had role models along the way who’ve inspired me and in an effort not to disappoint I’ve worked to better myself in order to meet and exceed expectations.

Hello,

than you for reply!

I see we have same exact thoughts.

You are right, people as a whole are NOT to be on pedestal, but some of their traits for sure. Moreover, is these people make you feel unlike anything else in your life, ever... well... at very least, they sure deserve special attention

Thanks

P.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 03:31 AM

82 posts, read 13,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
One thing, I've noticed that the location of the OP is in Prague. I don't know what it is like over there, but I do know different countries are going to have different cultures.

In the United States (my and a lot of other posters' country), society is more about being yourself and being an individual. There is also the "Everyone's a winner" and "perfect as you are" message that is promoted (I like those messages). I wonder if in Prague, people are more encouraged to "impress one another" if you may.
ey, boy,

Hi!

One gentle note plz., while I have nothing about friendly chat with yer pals, mods might close this thread for that and I might still get some interesting feedback... maybe. So let us stay with usual talk, plz

I don't think praguers or Czechs or slavs try to impress more than any other nations. In 'Merica, you have plastic surgeries, in soviet Slavia we have Adidas tracksuit and Lada.

If I am not mistaken, I bet you have no idea what that stick on the driver's right serves for. Hahaha!

Anyway, what I wanted to say...

Yeah, "Everyone's a winner" and "perfect as you are" - while we are not that hard on these ideas as maybe you behind the Atlantic, I think this goes pretty much here as well... or at least where I live.

But since speaking, most of those women are from competitive Dance Sport, and dance sport is all about creating impression by your performance. That is what literally makes you a winner at competition.

Butt my slav ingrish must be very bad: in the title, I used word "Impressive", not "Impressing". clearly, I do not know the difference...

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

6,368 posts, read 6,133,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Yep. Treat women like human beings for a start (rather than trophies or sex objects) and you'll be several steps ahead of some of the other men out there. No need to be particularly impressive.
That's right. Women should be treated like humans instead of sex objects or trophies just like women should treat men like a human being instead of an ATM or freebie ticket. Well said.

Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM

7,648 posts, read 3,009,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
That's right. Women should be treated like humans instead of sex objects or trophies just like women should treat men like a human being instead of an ATM or freebie ticket. Well said.
Thatís all some men have going for them though, so they use it to their advantage.

Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM

402 posts, read 76,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
The way to avoid being taken advantage of financially is to go to low key places. Go hiking. Go to the cinema. Go for a picnic. The people who only want to be wined and dined for free will not be up for those things.

Old Today, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Thatís all some men have going for them though, so they use it to their advantage.
Yes, there are some men that all they can do to get a date is flaunt their riches. There are some women that all they can do is show skin to get some attention so they use that to their advantage. Both cases end up getting the attention of people that will want to be with them for the wrong reasons.

Old Today, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
The way to avoid being taken advantage of financially is to go to low key places. Go hiking. Go to the cinema. Go for a picnic. The people who only want to be wined and dined for free will not be up for those things.
Well said. Those people will lose interest in someone who plans a date like that. Also, a way men can avoid being taken advantage of financially is to find a woman who is all for equality, doesn't feel entitled, and has no problem contributing to dating expenses since the very first date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or