U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 11:40 AM

8,194 posts, read 6,058,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_EU View Post
there will be people who make you comfortable and those who make you conscious about yourself.

search for the the second, they force you out of your comfort zone.
I don't have to seek those people who "force me out of my comfort zone". They (weirdos) seek me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
as a matter of fact, most of them is married or in relationship, I am not trying to get anybody. But I sure want to impress them, yeah, why not?

And speaking of failing, in last year since I started to meet them, I doubled my salary (currently I am nearly at 3 times of national average), got nearly dream job, worked my bodyshape to be my lifetime top - got ripped, athletic and tanned, peak physical performance, my confidence and general life happiness is rising by every month...

could it be that you are just failing as a life-pro? Maybe?
My experience, the more you try to impress someone, the less impressive you seem to that person.

I've impressed many more people by just being who I am and expressing who I am.

And you did all that for those "impressive people"? They must be some mythical beings. Even Salma Hayek couldn't impress me enough to go all out like that.

But after doing all that, are they impressed?

Old 07-30-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
A better question would be why? Why would you want to "impress" them?

I am glad for you! Your approach is weird as hell. But if it works for you. Gotta wonder though. Do you always have to play weird mind games on yourself for motivation?
I mean, if it works, why not?

Old 07-30-2019, 12:49 PM

129 posts, read 25,863 times
Quote:
Hello,

let there be little brainstorm:

Imagine situation you are a grown adult person and you meet somebody who is impressive to you...

...That person is giving you inspiration, motivation, some strengths sense that life is suddenly much more fun and worthy of living...

But suddenly you feel your own weaknesses, your imperfections and you start to be concerned about them... Because that person is simply so strong, stronger than you. More... majestic.

You wanna change it. Right now you ate shaking squirrel and you wanna turn into sturdy oak.

If you get my drift...

OK, let us have some fun. Let's see what the reactions gonna be

(and yeah, this is a real life problem for me. No fantasy )
Majestic?! Gimmie a break dude, seriously. Ok, just imagine them on the crapper funking up the bathroom! Not so majestic now huh, op?

Old 07-30-2019, 12:57 PM

31,976 posts, read 20,147,162 times
Until you stop seeing people in such extremes, you probably shouldn't date.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 07-30-2019, 01:02 PM

12,515 posts, read 9,983,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I mean, if it works, why not?
I guess my question would be ... works to achieve what, exactly? But whatever. Not sure why this is in the relationships forum rather than ... maybe mental health?

Old 07-30-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Majestic?! Gimmie a break dude, seriously. Ok, just imagine them on the crapper funking up the bathroom! Not so majestic now huh, op?
Very real. Very true. And very funny.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I don't have to seek those people who "force me out of my comfort zone". They (weirdos) seek me.
I force myself out of my comfort zone to achieve what I want or need to achieve all the time. But there is something not quite right, mentally, about herculean efforts to impress someone.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:07 PM

3,849 posts, read 1,779,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
I hadn't seen "majestic" when quickly scanning the OP. So having seen it, this response wins the blue ribbon.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I guess my question would be ... works to achieve what, exactly? But whatever. Not sure why this is in the relationships forum rather than ... maybe mental health?
We'd have to know what he is trying to achieve. But the more you think about it, the more of a "so what?" it becomes.

One thing I've realized a long time ago is that people who "impress me" are every bit as human as those that don't.

I myself have taken inspiration from people I admire, but the last time I tried to "impress" anyone was in high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or