U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 07:30 AM

8,191 posts, read 6,058,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I know the phrase 'putting in the work' is not too helpful but I did add 'to get what you want'. Once desires can be identified clearly, acquiring them can be gradual, as you would say "growing." The only thing I would advise against is identifying a specific person as a want, which I suspect may be happening, for now. Instead, I would identify people who recognize that I am growing and see if they want to take the journey with me so that I can build relationship skills.
Definitely good advice.
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:30 AM

59 posts, read 7,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Are there people who are more accomplished than I am?
Oh, yes.
Do I allow that to intimidate me or make me question my own worth?
No.

You can admire someone and be impressed without making it about yourself. Start there.

Btw, anyone whose goal is to walk around impressing other people has very, very far to go in the confidence department.
Impress yourself. Awe yourself. Inspire yourself. That is the time to be about yourself.

generally, agree, you are very right.

I am not though not sure why people so much stick on "impressive" word. Maybe my English is bad, or maybe they are just insecure about themselves. Impressive =! trying to impress. Google say "evoking admiration through size, quality, or skill; grand, imposing, or awesome."

However, speaking of which: This was purely unintentional, but actually I DO talk about impressing on purpose here, because what I did not mention, these people are from Dance Sport . And dance sport is all about creating great impression, that is literal purpose of doing it and winning the competitions .

Hahahaha!

But generally yes, people who try too hard, too obviously, look untrustworthy.

Old Today, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I know the phrase 'putting in the work' is not too helpful but I did add 'to get what you want'. Once desires can be identified clearly, acquiring them can be gradual, as you would say "growing." The only thing I would advise against is identifying a specific person as a want, which I suspect may be happening, for now. Instead, I would identify people who recognize that I am growing and see if they want to take the journey with me so that I can build relationship skills.

agree and this is precisely what I do.

Old Today, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I find it very hard to believe you received a job that pays three times the national average.

What grade are you in really?
Lol!

What is grade, anyway? Sorry, bad english

Old Today, 07:33 AM

8,191 posts, read 6,058,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_EU View Post
generally, agree, you are very right.

I am not though not sure why people so much stick on "impressive" word. Maybe my English is bad, or maybe they are just insecure about themselves. Impressive =! trying to impress. Google say "evoking admiration through size, quality, or skill; grand, imposing, or awesome."

However, speaking of which: This was purely unintentional, but actually I DO talk about impressing on purpose here, because what I did not mention, these people are from Dance Sport . And dance sport is all about creating great impression, that is literal purpose of doing it and winning the competitions .

Hahahaha!

But generally yes, people who try too hard, too obviously, look untrustworthy.
People do tend to respond to wording. They see a certain word and how it is used and they respond accordingly. Even I'm guilty of not seeing the forest for the trees so to speak.

Old Today, 07:38 AM

7,589 posts, read 2,992,664 times
Quote:
maybe you'd care to post your photo before we proceed with this conversation? This usually explain a lot
Exactly! Then I wouldn’t have to tell you anything get it? Just like a person doesn’t have to tell me how smart they are, right? I’d know.

Old Today, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Exactly! Then I wouldn’t have to tell you anything get it? Just like a person doesn’t have to tell me how smart they are, right? I’d know.
...so why are you not posting it?

ignore list.

Edit: Would you do me a favor and put me on ignore? Thank you.

Old Today, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
People do tend to respond to wording. They see a certain word and how it is used and they respond accordingly. Even I'm guilty of not seeing the forest for the trees so to speak.
Yes. The reason is, because they answer emotionally. Emotion behind "trying to impress = very bad!" is insecurity.

We all do this mistake, I know. Difference is, whether you self reflect or not...

Anyway, you are doing a good job! Thanks

Old Today, 08:12 AM

7,589 posts, read 2,992,664 times
Quote:
...so why are you not posting it?

ignore list.

Edit: Would you do me a favor and put me on ignore? Thank you.
Because you will find me Majestic, and I don’t need any more admirers.
The ignore function, yes, I can figure it out if I choose, but I don’t. You however, are lucky you aren’t trying to impress with your intelligence.

Old Today, 08:58 AM

2,014 posts, read 978,225 times
How about you post YOUR pic, OP? Oh, that's right--you're too insecure, thus the intense focus on falsely impressing people. You don't feel as though you matter, therefore you feel you must paint a big image of yourself and attract women with flash and dazzle. Not personality.

Put me on ignore too, you're not built for this level of truth. I'm a dude but I'm far from impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or