U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 09:38 AM

6,358 posts, read 6,125,807 times

Advertisements

When I was an exchange student in Japan I met this girl who was not only attractive but also working in an international firm with an upper management position. The thought did cross my mind “Look at her. Oh man, I am just an exchange student living with a host family and who’s mode of transportation is a bicycle. I’ll move on and maybe try to contact her once I am more settled…” but no. I ended up convincing myself that if she liked me she wouldn’t care about my economic and professional status. If she did care about my financial and professional status then boo hoo, we are not each others’ style I guess. We continued going out with groups of friends and then by ourselves until we fell in love with each other. Someone would think that a person like that would only want to go out to fancy places and we did but she also would enjoy sitting with me outside a convenience store chilling while enjoying a rice ball or something. She was open to any kind of activity and would proudly introduce me to her friends and family. One day we were remembering how we met and how time flies and I told her how I thought she would lose interest in me through time. She told me other guys could simply not offer her and bring to her life what I did. That totally melted my heart. I had to be confident of what I had regardless of where I was standing in life.
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:47 AM

59 posts, read 7,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
How about you post YOUR pic, OP? Oh, that's right--you're too insecure, thus the intense focus on falsely impressing people. You don't feel as though you matter, therefore you feel you must paint a big image of yourself and attract women with flash and dazzle. Not personality.

Put me on ignore too, you're not built for this level of truth. I'm a dude but I'm far from impressed.
I am perfectly OK with being confronted, absolutely no beef from my side here.

https://unsee.cc/d1c48a9c/

this was my winter form 6 months ago. I am a bit better now, mostly in term of toning and quality of muscle. But my motor skills improved much much more, cannot see it on pic. I don't have current pic because I am not done yet... give it a few weeks

Guy you refer to is ugly and bitter. No need for fighting.

I would call myself vulnerable here. I am here to confront my thoughts, thus some remarks might be hurtful for me, because I am revealing my inner thoughts, yes. If, on the other hand, you go to another's dude thread and nag him there, you are not vulnerable, just a buttwipe. Hope we understand the difference.

PS: And btw. I am an IT guy with hobby in math, history, African geography, Warcraft Universe... and happy to introduce people into this, including women. Doing sports is not the only thing I do. Does not mean you cannot use it as one of your qualities, when the time is right. But we both know where is the problem, right?

Last edited by Peter_EU; Today at 10:57 AM..

Old Today, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
When I was an exchange student in Japan I met this girl who was not only attractive but also working in an international firm with an upper management position. The thought did cross my mind “Look at her. Oh man, I am just an exchange student living with a host family and who’s mode of transportation is a bicycle. I’ll move on and maybe try to contact her once I am more settled…” but no. I ended up convincing myself that if she liked me she wouldn’t care about my economic and professional status. If she did care about my financial and professional status then boo hoo, we are not each others’ style I guess. We continued going out with groups of friends and then by ourselves until we fell in love with each other. Someone would think that a person like that would only want to go out to fancy places and we did but she also would enjoy sitting with me outside a convenience store chilling while enjoying a rice ball or something. She was open to any kind of activity and would proudly introduce me to her friends and family. One day we were remembering how we met and how time flies and I told her how I thought she would lose interest in me through time. She told me other guys could simply not offer her and bring to her life what I did. That totally melted my heart. I had to be confident of what I had regardless of where I was standing in life.
Dude. This is... beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing this story. Not all meets are like this, but there ARE ones like this, and it is exactly them that makes worthy living.

I have odd sense this might exactly what is happening to me right now... But I don't want to (sorry for bad english ) put a curse on that opportunity

Anyway, thank you very much! Really... heartwarming

Old Today, 11:10 AM

12,515 posts, read 9,983,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_EU View Post
Dude. This is... beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing this story. Not all meets are like this, but there ARE ones like this, and it is exactly them that makes worthy living.

I have odd sense this might exactly what is happening to me right now... But I don't want to (sorry for bad english ) put a curse on that opportunity

Anyway, thank you very much! Really... heartwarming
I mean, you do you. But I find that SAD.

Old Today, 11:18 AM

2,023 posts, read 1,315,956 times
This thread is odd. OP, are you working to try to impress a future GIRLFRIEND or just 'majestic' people in general?

Or just 'majestic' women?

You should want to better yourself for you, not anyone else.

Old Today, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
This thread is odd. OP, are you working to try to impress a future GIRLFRIEND or just 'majestic' people in general?

Or just 'majestic' women?

You should want to better yourself for you, not anyone else.
are you here to tell you are insecure?

You people are tiring. Should not have start a thread in Relationship section, it is always the same.

Ignore and thanks.

Edit: This is what you read: "I see word Impressive Woman. That means there is some really interesting woman, that other dude likes. I, on the other hand, am really insecure about myself, I want to be impressive for someone too, so now I am going to nag, bash, whatever OP, to let him feel bad about his feeling and thus making myself feeling better for dumping his feeling to her and thus making me and her more equal".

Hit the gym. Learn to dance. Buy yourself new clothes. And quit this forum. THAT is what helps, not this.

Old Today, 11:47 AM

12,515 posts, read 9,983,160 times
Quote:

You people are tiring. Should not have start a thread in Relationship section, it is always the same.
Well, this may be true. It does not seem to be about relationships.

Quote:
Ignore and thanks.

Edit: This is what you read: "I see word Impressive Woman. That means there is some really interesting woman, that other dude likes. I, on the other hand, am really insecure about myself, I want to be impressive for someone too, so now I am going to nag, bash, whatever OP, to let him feel bad about his feeling and thus making myself feeling better for dumping his feeling to her and thus making me and her more equal".

Hit the gym. Learn to dance. Buy yourself new clothes. And quit this forum. THAT is what helps, not this.
That is what you feel was said here?

Old Today, 11:51 AM

2,023 posts, read 1,315,956 times
Quote:

Ignore and thanks.

I was asking a question. Hardly evidence of me being insecure.

But your response spoke volumes. Good luck to you.

Old Today, 12:11 PM

2,014 posts, read 978,225 times
You already feel bad about yourself, OP. Every word you type screams it, and yet you're completely clueless.

Remember to ignore me, I'm not saying what you want to hear!

And sit down with the pitiful attempts at insults. You're a guy talking about 'majestic' people and how to ' impress' them. It's laughable.

Old Today, 12:19 PM

7,249 posts, read 4,679,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I find anyone doing the “I am tan and fit and wealthy” humblebrag to have just taken a step or 2 away from the attraction goal, personally.
Right? It reeks of superficiality. Great. You (general) look like a male IG model or “Chad,” as disgruntled dudes would say. What else is there? It says absolutely nothing of anything else or substance beyond what everyone can see or glean from a three minute conversation. And if one is doing it just as a means of attaining “impressive” qualities, they have confidence and self-worth issues to work out. But that’s just me. I’m not of the looksmaxing and “must reach high-earner status” for the express purpose of acquiring an object, er, woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or