U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM

6,358 posts, read 6,128,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_EU View Post
Dude. This is... beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing this story. Not all meets are like this, but there ARE ones like this, and it is exactly them that makes worthy living.

Hey thanks man. Guys in her circle would ask her out but she chose me. A beautiful experience.

Quote:
I have odd sense this might exactly what is happening to me right now... But I don't want to (sorry for bad english ) put a curse on that opportunity

Heheheh your English is fine unlike mine . Going through a similar experience? That's great! Hope everything goes well mate!

Quote:
Anyway, thank you very much! Really... heartwarming
Thank you for reading it. Hope other guys can read it and not give up on trying. Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM

294 posts, read 57,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Right? It reeks of superficiality. Great. You (general) look like a male IG model or “Chad,” as disgruntled dudes would say. What else is there? It says absolutely nothing of anything else or substance beyond what everyone can see or glean from a three minute conversation. And if one is doing it just as a means of attaining “impressive” qualities, they have confidence and self-worth issues to work out. But that’s just me. I’m not of the looksmaxing and “must reach high-earner status” for the express purpose of acquiring an object, er, woman.
Yep. Treat women like human beings for a start (rather than trophies or sex objects) and you'll be several steps ahead of some of the other men out there. No need to be particularly impressive.

Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM

5,542 posts, read 2,348,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_EU View Post
Hello,

let there be little brainstorm:

Imagine situation you are a grown adult person and you meet somebody who is impressive to you...

...That person is giving you inspiration, motivation, some strengths sense that life is suddenly much more fun and worthy of living...

But suddenly you feel your own weaknesses, your imperfections and you start to be concerned about them... Because that person is simply so strong, stronger than you. More... majestic.

You wanna change it. Right now you ate shaking squirrel and you wanna turn into sturdy oak.

If you get my drift...

OK, let us have some fun. Let's see what the reactions gonna be

(and yeah, this is a real life problem for me. No fantasy )

That's easy.

Do not treat them as if they were fertility goddesses. Treat them like ordinary people with whom you want to have a conversation.

Women want to be adored, but they despise being worshiped.

Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM

12,522 posts, read 9,988,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
That's easy.

Do not treat them as if they were fertility goddesses. Treat them like ordinary people with whom you want to have a conversation.

Oh Hells No. I don't think you mean that the way I take it though. Pet thing of mine because my Dad was highly religious. Adoration is for god blah blah. Sorry. How about cherished? I like that word better. Not that you have to impress me with words.

Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM

8,198 posts, read 6,062,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Yep. Treat women like human beings for a start (rather than trophies or sex objects) and you'll be several steps ahead of some of the other men out there. No need to be particularly impressive.
Very important.

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

294 posts, read 57,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Oh Hells No. I don't think you mean that the way I take it though. Pet thing of mine because my Dad was highly religious. Adoration is for god blah blah. Sorry. How about cherished? I like that word better. Not that you have to impress me with words.
I'd like to be adored by someone. I think it's a good word

Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
That's easy.

So you're saying women don't want to deal with guys who act like they've never seen a woman before?

Oh, wow.

Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Quote:
It's very easy on the internet especially these days to get tripped up on a word. We've all done that. We see a word and we go, uh...

Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM

5,542 posts, read 2,348,990 times
Quote:

I'm a person of faith. I think anyone who gets their nose out of joint on something that petty needs to take a chill pill in a hurry.

Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM

12,522 posts, read 9,988,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I'd like to be adored by someone. I think it's a good word
I realized as soon as I posted the Hells No that no one would have any idea why I disliked it. I think you should go for the being adored thing. You deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or