Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 04:30 PM

171 posts, read 78,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
We'd have to know what he is trying to achieve. But the more you think about it, the more of a "so what?" it becomes.

One thing I've realized a long time ago is that people who "impress me" are every bit as human as those that don't.

I myself have taken inspiration from people I admire, but the last time I tried to "impress" anyone was in high school.

(ok, reading through all the comments, and I must say I am looking forward to discuss all. But firdst and foremost I want to discuss THIS).

Hey man!

Do not take me wrong for a second, I know EXACTLY what you mean, after all, this is a very fundamental attitude one develops around age of 25 or even much less.

I know this, of course.

But you are completely wrong.

Take even the most special people like Einstein, for instance. Did he sit on the cr*pper, like one dude said? Aboslutely yes. Did he release lound stinky noises, probably reeking of egg and some day-old taco? Very likely. He was not very good father neither (very sad...) and probably aboslutely terrible sportsman or ladies man.... Yet... where does his name stands? Among biggest people of humankind.

The difference between grey rubbish guy and somebody that everybody knows and looks up with respect is exactly this - they are special in something. Some people (like I am reffering to here, those women) are special in quite a few things, actually, but they are sure just human, with their flaws and insecurities just like everybody else.

The path to being smt. special, smt. extraordinary is not about putting yourself down because we are all just people, so what? The point is, searching for something special, that makes you stand outside of the crowd, because this special once becomes your whole being. Like Einstein, where everybody imagines him giving lectures and writing papers, nobody talks about his toiled habbits

You get the drift?

Yes, those women I refer to are very "average", even objectively. They do have some carreer, some education, some charm... so yeah, "so what", right? No. They are on the path to somewhere. Right now, there are handful of people who see smt, special in them, but this is what makes them strong. Later, as time passes, there are more and more... Just like einstein, who wasnoticed at first by some teachers at school probably, than he started to exchange letters with one or two renown scientist of that era and soon after boom, his qualities started to be seen by general public (a but of luck there, actually, but whatever )

Of course, I am now not talking about making myself or them a holywood star or renown scientist or whatever. All we are up for here is living happy and successful life. That is all. Being appreciated, maybe admired, having great job, great friends...

Maybe I sound a bit like some 17 y.o. boy who thinks he is going to take over the word, preferably over a week, or maybe month, if things get really tough. No, man, I am 31 years old man, who has been in some sh*t but also who has been quite successful in past year and I simply see what made difference bwteeen then a now. This. The attitude you have, that makes you move and prevail in smt. every single day.

And thesw women are the key, at least for me. They are giving me the exact strength I need, everything else is up to me... So that is why, all these games

Just sayin

Have a nice day, bro

Last edited by Peter_EU; 07-30-2019 at 05:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 05:32 PM

171 posts, read 78,648 times
Quote:
We'd have to know what he is trying to achieve. But the more you think about it, the more of a "so what?" it becomes.
sorry, eventually I deleted post I wrote here, it would not sound as I intened. I get back to this tomorrow

Old 07-30-2019, 05:47 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,306,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_EU View Post
(ok, reading through all the comments, and I must say I am looking forward to discuss all. But firdst and foremost I want to discuss THIS).

Hey man!

Do not take me wrong for a second, I know EXACTLY what you mean, after all, this is a very fundamental attitude one develops around age of 25 or even much less.

I know this, of course.

But you are completely wrong.

Take even the most special people like Einstein, for instance. Did he sit on the cr*pper, like one dude said? Aboslutely yes. Did he release lound stinky noises, probably reeking of egg and some day-old taco? Very likely. He was not very good father neither (very sad...) and probably aboslutely terrible sportsman or ladies man.... Yet... where does his name stands? Among biggest people of humankind.

The difference between grey rubbish guy and somebody that everybody knows and looks up with respect is exactly this - they are special in something. Some people (like I am reffering to here, those women) are special in quite a few things, actually, but they are sure just human, with their flaws and insecurities just like everybody else.

The path to being smt. special, smt. extraordinary is not about putting yourself down because we are all just people, so what? The point is, searching for something special, that makes you stand outside of the crowd, because this special once becomes your whole being. Like Einstein, where everybody imagines him giving lectures and writing papers, nobody talks about his toiled habbits

You get the drift?

Yes, those women I refer to are very "average", even objectively. They do have some carreer, some education, some charm... so yeah, "so what", right? No. They are on the path to somewhere. Right now, there are handful of people who see smt, special in them, but this is what makes them strong. Later, as time passes, there are more and more... Just like einstein, who wasnoticed at first by some teachers at school probably, than he started to exchange letters with one or two renown scientist of that era and soon after boom, his qualities started to be seen by general public (a but of luck there, actually, but whatever )

Of course, I am now not talking about making myself or them a holywood star or renown scientist or whatever. All we are up for here is living happy and successful life. That is all. Being appreciated, maybe admired, having great job, great friends...

Maybe I sound a bit like some 17 y.o. boy who thinks he is going to take over the word, preferably over a week, or maybe month, if things get really tough. No, man, I am 31 years old man, who has been in some sh*t but also who has been quite successful in past year and I simply see what made difference bwteeen then a now. This. The attitude you have, that makes you move and prevail in smt. every single day.

And thesw women are the key, at least for me. They are giving me the exact strength I need, everything else is up to me... So that is why, all these games

Just sayin

Have a nice day, bro
As I said. If it works, why not?

Reading through your post, I think we actually agree. Finding that something special about yourself, the unique thing about you that makes you stand out.

You find that thing about you, you believe in it, and you work towards bringing that out. Setbacks can occur, but don't let it hold you back. One thing I had to learn was to say "so what?" to my setbacks when they occur.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 07-30-2019 at 05:58 PM..

Old 07-31-2019, 12:23 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,538,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Majestic huh? Lol.

Insecure guys need to learn to stop putting women on a pedestal.
This. This indeed.

I had an acquaintance who was deeply into 'impressing' people. If he was slighted, for example, he would focus intently on ways to 'win them over' (his words). Everyone regarded him as a clown. Especially the ladies he was trying to 'impress'.

Old 07-31-2019, 03:06 AM

818 posts, read 453,076 times
Ahhh, don't worry about all the internet check lists and bs. All kinds of women go for all kinds of personalities.
Besides , if it's a relationship your after who would even want one that's missing one of the key ingredients, being able to just be yourself with your partner and her or him liking you for who you really are.
You don't wanna live fake do you ?

Old 07-31-2019, 04:56 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,129,204 times
I think I would die under the burden of wanting to have people look up to me. Admire me. Or whatever that thing is. It works for you, sounds like. So rock it. But I know it would not work for me. Setting my self esteem up to be relative to what other people think is a good way to get knocked down by people who turn out to be turds.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:24 AM

562 posts, read 671,931 times
I once knew a popular, local, woman, politician, who, whenever she frequented her favorite restaurant, have about ten or so guys (restaurant employees) hang around her parked car in the back lot, waiting for her, all trying to impress her. (I think she did this deliberately, though not very often). Competent guys I worked with, became a puddle of drooling little groupies around her car. Who did she also go there to see? The restaurant owner, who also donated lotsa money to certain good causes. I never seen her drive off with any one of them. OP; You may also benefit by researching Covert (inverted) Narcissism in Psychology.

Last edited by glenninindy; 07-31-2019 at 06:14 AM..

Old 07-31-2019, 05:50 AM

10,337 posts, read 5,822,362 times
Quote:
Hey, some squirrels can fly. Just sayin'.

Be the flying squirrel.
Truth. OP went from Rocky to Bullwinkle, and just may find out Majestic Lady has a thing for flying squirrels.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:36 AM

7,569 posts, read 4,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_EU View Post
Hello,

let there be little brainstorm:

Imagine situation you are a grown adult person and you meet somebody who is impressive to you...

...That person is giving you inspiration, motivation, some strengths sense that life is suddenly much more fun and worthy of living...

But suddenly you feel your own weaknesses, your imperfections and you start to be concerned about them... Because that person is simply so strong, stronger than you. More... majestic.

You wanna change it. Right now you ate shaking squirrel and you wanna turn into sturdy oak.

If you get my drift...

OK, let us have some fun. Let's see what the reactions gonna be

(and yeah, this is a real life problem for me. No fantasy )
Inspiration and motivation are not enough. You actually have to do the work to get what you want. It's okay to admire people for a specific action, but putting them on a pedestal will not allow you to move up there.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:14 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,108,325 times
People who are genuine and not "faking it" are only ever going to want to be with others who are genuine. Fakers, posers, people who put on an act - those types are not good company for someone who is their genuine self. You should therefore strive to just be yourself and seek out others who are being themselves and stop worrying so much about what all of the fake people are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships