U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:38 PM

179 posts, read 39,773 times

Advertisements

I'm not a big fan of the swiping and matching apps, because you're very dependent on their algorithm which is designed to encourage you to pay for more than the free membership. My experience is that I get few or no matches, except when I get a bunch in a row or passively. Which is frustrating, because I can only focus on 1-2 conversations at a time, and end up having to let the rest go. Feast or famine. It makes sense from a business standpoint, to give you some success but also enough boredom to get you to pay for bonus features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Or is it just that I am using the wrong pics? I don't ever recall getting a match between 9am and 6pm during the week. It seems like whenever I get a match it's during the evening, overnight, or during the weekends. So I was thinking that maybe people dont have time to check during the day and wait until they get home or this is me creating an excuse for why I can't get a match during the day lol
What kind of pics are you using that you feel would go over better at night? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
It could be regional. However, in my area, I get likes and matches throughout the day. I usually get about 20-40 per day on Tinder. I also use okCupid, but interest on there is more subdued. That's a harder platform to use.
20-40 likes, or matches?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:16 PM

3,875 posts, read 1,411,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I understand that too, just my personal opinion of the reputation it has.

ETA: Just to see if this was 'crazy thinking' I typed "Is Tinder a hookup App" into google just now, and I'm not alone in that impression. I'm just explaining why I didn't automatically choose it.

T.mobile just offered me a Tinder Gold Package for $1 so I am guessing it's not a hookup site. I think unless T mobile is encouraging it's customers to get their freak on lol

Old Today, 05:22 PM

1,532 posts, read 753,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
20-40 likes, or matches?
Likes/swipes. I have Tinder Gold, so I see who likes me without swiping. Swiping is too time-consuming to be bothered with.

Old Today, 06:10 PM

7,579 posts, read 2,989,892 times
Quote:
Likes/swipes. I have Tinder Gold, so I see who likes me without swiping. Swiping is too time-consuming to be bothered with.
If you’re a woman, the likes or ‘want to meet’ may be a product of the guys who blindly swipe every profile. I recently checked my last profile on an app where my current headline is: “out of order” and I have 1400 meet me’s. It won’t be happening, and I’m sure they’ll never know anyway.

Old Today, 07:38 PM

179 posts, read 39,773 times
Quote:
Guess I'm too cheap for tinder lol. I agree, it's a great business model for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or