U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM

3,875 posts, read 1,411,271 times

Advertisements

Or is it just that I am using the wrong pics? I don't ever recall getting a match between 9am and 6pm during the week. It seems like whenever I get a match it's during the evening, overnight, or during the weekends. So I was thinking that maybe people dont have time to check during the day and wait until they get home or this is me creating an excuse for why I can't get a match during the day lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:37 AM

7,579 posts, read 2,989,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Or is it just that I am using the wrong pics? I don't ever recall getting a match between 9am and 6pm during the week. It seems like whenever I get a match it's during the evening, overnight, or during the weekends. So I was thinking that maybe people dont have time to check during the day and wait until they get home or this is me creating an excuse for why I can't get a match during the day lol
Maybe women are less likely to take the chance of getting caught at work on Bumble? I don’t use tinder since it’s so expressly claimed as a “hook up app”, I would never want someone else to stop by my desk and say: “Sorry to interrupt your quest to get laid, is that Medicare huddle on the 2nd floor today?”

Old Today, 08:28 AM

1,856 posts, read 2,059,208 times
When I used OLD, most of my matches or emails came after 7pm and the weekends. Those are usually the peak hours, because people are not at work. Makes a whole lot of sense really.

Old Today, 08:35 AM

1,685 posts, read 3,617,895 times
Quote:
Yoda say: too much free time you have.

Apps use a proximity search. Where are you when you are online during the day, in a business district, residential area...?

Maybe after work hours you're in an area where your particular type of "beauty" is appreciated and during work hours you're not.

Maybe people who are interested in you have more important things to do during their work day.

Last edited by recuerdeme; Today at 08:46 AM..

Old Today, 10:41 AM

1,532 posts, read 753,103 times
Quote:
It could be regional. However, in my area, I get likes and matches throughout the day. I usually get about 20-40 per day on Tinder. I also use okCupid, but interest on there is more subdued. That's a harder platform to use.

That being said, I find that the quality of connections on both platforms is very poor so far. I think I am going to start a thread on that for advice. I've been out on a handful of dates after using them for about 2-3 weeks. I have had one second date, but shortly thereafter, everything fell apart. There was miscommunication. After things were clarified, they told me that they felt that things we going too fast (2 dates in a week, and up to 2 text messages in a day...wow...so fast! ).

Right now, I'm stuck in a scenario where I am holding up my entire schedule due to the fact that this other date, who agreed to a second date at the conclusion of our first, hasn't responded to me after I asked them whether or not we were going out today or tomorrow. We've exchanged messages periodically between the date last week and now. I don't want to hijack your thread any further, so I'll consider creating my own.

Old Today, 10:44 AM

266 posts, read 55,407 times
I have just started using Tinder. I have got matches at any time of the day.

Old Today, 10:45 AM

266 posts, read 55,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don’t use tinder since it’s so expressly claimed as a “hook up app”
I have put on my Tinder profile that I don't do hook ups and it takes me longer than 1 date to work out if I am going to kiss someone let alone hook up.

Old Today, 10:49 AM

1,532 posts, read 753,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don’t use tinder since it’s so expressly claimed as a “hook up app”...
They do not advertise themselves as a 'hook-up' platform. They actually have many articles on their blog about forming long-term relationships. On my handful of dates, only once has there been pressure to 'hook-up.'

Old Today, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I have just started using Tinder. I have got matches at any time of the day.
That makes sense, I use Bumble, but the perspective of the OP is why HE doesn't get matches during the day. I get matches during the day, I don't have my phone out for personal stuff if I'm in the office though, and wouldn't respond if I see notification. I think men are more likely to prioritize finding a match at any time of the day. IMO.

Old Today, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
They do not advertise themselves as a 'hook-up' platform. They actually have many articles on their blog about forming long-term relationships. On my handful of dates, only once has there been pressure to 'hook-up.'
I understand that too, just my personal opinion of the reputation it has.

ETA: Just to see if this was 'crazy thinking' I typed "Is Tinder a hookup App" into google just now, and I'm not alone in that impression. I'm just explaining why I didn't automatically choose it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or