U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:53 AM

12,364 posts, read 13,640,317 times

Advertisements

You say he is honest, let him tell you what happened.

“You got home late. What did you end up doing?”

Hopefully she is gone for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:47 AM

447 posts, read 169,078 times
Definitely bring up your disappointment in him. You made dinner for him too.

Though if they had mutual friends that could've been there too, a possibility...

Old Today, 05:03 AM

38,307 posts, read 56,099,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Ask and be answered. I'm thinking the night turned into a sort of going away celebration which probably involved other friends.

Of course, try to control yourself when having the conversation.

This ^^^, so don't make a big deal of it.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old Today, 09:00 AM

943 posts, read 421,920 times
Uh yeah, he hooked up with his ex gf and anyone can see that

Old Today, 04:00 PM

5,560 posts, read 8,206,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthisle View Post
Uh yeah, he hooked up with his ex gf and anyone can see that
I agree! He probably did. I don't know why so many people are so easygoing or in denial about it. He's been broken up from her for 3 yrs before you came along...yeah because that's what he tells you? They could have been "friends w/ benefits" all that time for all you know AND STILL F'ing each other the year you've been dating him. You'll never know. Plus, he didn't even call you so you can hear his voice when he said he'd be late, he just texted.

OP, not only do you have a right to be mad, which you shouldn't even have to ask, you should be done w/ him. Do you want to stay w/ someone like that?! GO ahead!

And another poster said this is the 1 free pass you can give him...uh why does he deserve a 1x free pass? Kick him to the curb NOW. This is disrespectful behavior & the more chances you give him, the quicker he can see that he can treat you any kind of way & you'll still hang in there.

I think women are way too docile & forgiving w/ these no-good losers. If they'd break up w/ them AFTER 1 BAD ACTION, these men will think twice before they think they can get away w/ things when they're on their next relationships.

This situation is no different from when a man hits a woman for the 1st time & the woman will make every excuse in the book to stay w/ him (he's under pressure at work these days, well, he just made this "1x" mistake, he's never done it before, but he's been nothing but kind to me all along before, yada, yada). So they stay w/ them. If someone has the audacity & character to hit someone, usually it's not just going to be that 1 & only time...just like w/ THIS situation.

OP if you want to stick around & go through the untrusting frustrations of what he does next, go ahead! You've only dated him a year which is nothing, so it's not like you've missed out on a HUGE part of your life if you dump him now. Doesn't matter if he did this 10 yrs into your relationship. If he's wrong, he's wrong & needs to be dumped. Glad my SO & I are on the same page about NOT being friends w/ any exes...we both feel there's no point.

Last edited by Forever Blue; Today at 04:32 PM..

Old Today, 07:48 PM

8,905 posts, read 7,772,590 times
No way should he have gone without you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or