U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 568 times

Advertisements

I went through my boyfriend's phone. It's not the first time. We dated for about a year and then we broke up. We're back together after 3 months and I wanted to check if he has actually changed, like he says he has, or whether he is still flirting and going out for solo dinners and drinks with other women.

There's this one beautiful woman that he works with, exactly his type, that he sends songs to over text and that he keeps inviting to do things with him (like go out dancing). She always seems to cancel on him at the last minute, saying that she has to work late so maybe next time.

Anyway, I saw a text about a party that he invited her to last week. She bailed on him. He invited me the day before the party to go with him. I didn't know he had invited her before he invited me. It seems like because she couldn't go, he then invited me.

On the other hand, he tells me he loves me all the time and that he wants to build a live together. He also pursued me after 3 months of being apart. But something feels off. Why can't I trust him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 11:01 AM

38,358 posts, read 56,182,364 times
There is a difference between talking and doing. What you believe more?

You are on a back burner, baby...
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:11 AM

705 posts, read 238,565 times
If you're exclusive, dump him. If not, he's free to pursue other relationships.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:13 AM

2 posts, read 568 times
We are exclusive. I asked him if he'd rather be in an open relationship. He said no. I think maybe he doesn't want me to date other people or deep down he knows that this woman just isn't that into him ...

Old 07-31-2019, 11:15 AM

5,118 posts, read 5,445,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyyyyblack View Post
I went through my boyfriend's phone. It's not the first time. We dated for about a year and then we broke up. We're back together after 3 months and I wanted to check if he has actually changed, like he says he has, or whether he is still flirting and going out for solo dinners and drinks with other women.

There's this one beautiful woman that he works with, exactly his type, that he sends songs to over text and that he keeps inviting to do things with him (like go out dancing). She always seems to cancel on him at the last minute, saying that she has to work late so maybe next time.

Anyway, I saw a text about a party that he invited her to last week. She bailed on him. He invited me the day before the party to go with him. I didn't know he had invited her before he invited me. It seems like because she couldn't go, he then invited me.

On the other hand, he tells me he loves me all the time and that he wants to build a live together. He also pursued me after 3 months of being apart. But something feels off. Why can't I trust him?
Confirmation that he hasn't changed.

Quote:
Why can't I trust him?
The way you phrased this question appears that you think it's your fault that you can't trust him. That's the wrong way to think. The answer to your question: He's not trustworthy.

Kick him to the curb and don't look back.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:26 AM

43,658 posts, read 42,273,122 times
Quote:

We are exclusive. ...
Thatís not how heís acting.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:33 AM

455 posts, read 82,071 times
You can't trust him because he's behaving in an untrustworthy manner. It's time to trust yourself and your own feelings about the relationship and cut this guy loose. He's not acting like you two are in an exclusive relationship.

Old 07-31-2019, 12:25 PM

6,098 posts, read 8,415,542 times
Words mean nothing at all if the actions don't match. Why are you giving this loser another chance? Please dump him again asap and make sure it sticks this time.

Old 07-31-2019, 12:35 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,321,308 times
Sounds like a real winner. Always wants to be in a relationship, but always wants something else.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:31 PM

16,158 posts, read 12,961,665 times
Quote:

Uhm. Yes, I wonder why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or