U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM

1,188 posts, read 278,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
This isn't the way guys are wired.
Sexuality is on both sides.......

I wouldn't sleep with a guy too soon...BUT I want him to want to....& I want to too....chemistry is what you should be building on...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM

39 posts, read 4,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Technology has made many things easier but there are other things that are better off left as it is. Do you think its better to meet people face to face and with time make arrangements to go out if both like each other or do you prefer online dating sites?

I can see how online dating sites can make things easier for some. You upload your profile and picture hoping you get some people to contact you and arrange to meet. Somehow, it seems to be some sort of blind date. You get to meet someone who youíve only seen on pictures and you donít know if those pictures were taken when they were 21 and in good shape or if they were photoshopped. The profile might say they are great people when they are not or they may not say a lot and then turns out they are great people.

Not saying meeting someone face to face or being introduced to someone is a guaranteed successful relationship but wouldnít that be a less risky way to date?
Online dating should just be seen as a side tool to meet potential women.

Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM

6,349 posts, read 6,125,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
OLD without a doubt.

I'm too painfully shy and introverted to just go up and start chatting with a woman.

My mouth goes dry and my peripheral vision narrows, I can't think, its like I go
into a time warp and can't think of anything remotely interesting to say. Anxiety
might be the word for it.
But even when it comes to online dating sites you will eventually end up being face to face with someone. Maybe you would feel more relaxed after initially being in contact electronically?

Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM

23,670 posts, read 33,540,202 times
I donít find dating convenient at all, but online is the less of all the evils of dating.

Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I donít find dating convenient at all, but online is the less of all the evils of dating.
What do you do to spend time with someone you have some interest on and how do you get to know them more?

Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM

7,587 posts, read 2,992,664 times
Also interesting as OP has indicated he has had a gf for many years now.

Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM

12,502 posts, read 9,983,160 times
Quote:
Technology has made many things easier but there are other things that are better off left as it is. Do you think its better to meet people face to face and with time make arrangements to go out if both like each other or do you prefer online dating sites?

I can see how online dating sites can make things easier for some. You upload your profile and picture hoping you get some people to contact you and arrange to meet. Somehow, it seems to be some sort of blind date. You get to meet someone who youíve only seen on pictures and you donít know if those pictures were taken when they were 21 and in good shape or if they were photoshopped. The profile might say they are great people when they are not or they may not say a lot and then turns out they are great people.

Not saying meeting someone face to face or being introduced to someone is a guaranteed successful relationship but wouldnít that be a less risky way to date?
Risk aversion is, itself, the least helpful thing in dating. You meet someone. Find out that they are a lying sack of meal. You learned everything you needed to know. Unless you get hurt easily, you see this as a win.

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

12,502 posts, read 9,983,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
Online dating, in my experience, is harder. It's harder to get dates. It's harder to find quality people. It often ends up in a lot of wasted time, money, and energy. That being said, some of us would find it impossible actually to meet much of anyone without it. I don't have a ton of opportunities to meet new people my age and ask them out where I am living and in my line of work. In the interweb's defense, flakey people can be found in person too.
How much harder an it be than IMPOSSIBLE?

Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM

464 posts, read 149,074 times
Quote:
But even when it comes to online dating sites you will eventually end up being face to face with someone. Maybe you would feel more relaxed after initially being in contact electronically?

Once I've established a bit of a rapport with someone, as you said, by exchanging a couple of messages and perhaps a phone call, I am much more comfortable. Upon first meeting F2F I don't have anything more than the normal slight butterflies and have no problems with conversatin'.

Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Also interesting as OP has indicated he has had a gf for many years now.
Yup. 11 years and going strong. That's why on post #5 I mentioned how this was something from the past "Didn't try that before...Girls would..." This is a topic I commonly see around here so I was wondering how people who are looking for a date or relationship go online instead of face to face. That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or