U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 05:24 AM

2,127 posts, read 584,158 times

Advertisements

[quote=somebodynew;55825626]
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post

I did not see that comment, so I can't"go back to it" comment's context. So hopefully I am not off base too far.

I don't know if men are or are not generally happier in a relationship. I do think you see in dating a difference (whether by nature or nurture as it were, I don't know) that persists into long term relationships. Getting a relationship turns into simply being in one. The state of having the relationship is the thing. The quality of the relationship is often more "the thing" for women.

I can't tell you how many times in my life that men have told me "but I love you" in response to a conversation about issues I may have. As if carrying that feeling around with them is the be all and that their treatment of me just is whatever.

So when I see guys asking over and over how to get this relationship/woman device (not much different than say a new stereo or guitar) that they can put on the shelf and take out when they want, it makes me sigh internally.
There had been stats published stating regarding lifespans of those who are happy and not happy havign someone in their lives. That women are happier when they don't have a man in their lives, thus live longer, while men are not happy and have shorter lifespans.

Yeah, one of nature's sick little jokes lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:14 PM

158 posts, read 27,160 times
It's very convenient to meet and talk to people online, and I don't think anyone under the age of 35 or 40 hasn't! Where else can you sit with your hair in a pony, desperately needing a shampoo and conditioning, and in your favorite pair of booty boyshorts with a tee that has a stain on it, without any worry of who will see you? Bonus: You can nibble on cheerios or pumpkin seeds at the same time.

Old Today, 02:22 PM

9,938 posts, read 3,809,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allison7 View Post
It's very convenient to meet and talk to people online, and I don't think anyone under the age of 35 or 40 hasn't! Where else can you sit with your hair in a pony, desperately needing a shampoo and conditioning, and in your favorite pair of booty boyshorts with a tee that has a stain on it, without any worry of who will see you? Bonus: You can nibble on cheerios or pumpkin seeds at the same time.
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or