U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 07:30 PM

1 posts

Advertisements

I cannot find this anywhere else. A lot of other posts talk about mental illness and lack of sex: I don't necessarily have this problem. My partner has a number of problems, to include pcos, and other things. Is it petty to breakup with that person due to these illnesses. This is overwhelming for myself to deal with in general when that person has to go to the doctor. I am also worried about having kids. Reading up on it, and with general medicine knowledge, any child that is conceived will perhaps/most likely come out with their own set of health issues because of this. My health isn't too terrible, but it is nothing like my partner's.

Advice is appreciated
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:32 PM

79,103 posts, read 71,061,258 times
How long have you been with her?

Old Today, 07:35 PM

10,541 posts, read 4,213,526 times
This is your choice.

I personally believe it gets trickier if you've sworn to stay together "in sickness and health", but if you aren't married, you're absolutely free to decide a person isn't right for you, for any reason at all.

Old Today, 07:38 PM

3,238 posts, read 1,699,338 times
Re PCOS — I have a friend with that who went on to give birth to healthy and smart kids.

Old Today, 07:48 PM

12,363 posts, read 13,637,415 times
Better to do it now Weirdo guy.

You don’t sound like a marriage commited guy.

Old Today, 07:54 PM

687 posts, read 229,183 times
Yeah, not sure what research you have been doing, but you seem to be misinformed at best and ignorant at worst.

Get a new girlfriend because she deserves someone supportive, not someone who can't deal with a few doctor's appointments. PCOS is not a curse or a pox upon the house. Its effects vary by person, age, health history, treatment approaches, etc. It's not "petty" to recognize your personal limitations... move along.

Old Today, 07:59 PM

5,557 posts, read 8,204,130 times
If that's what you want, break up now...much better sooner than later.

Old Today, 08:16 PM

7,471 posts, read 12,993,747 times
Sounds like you breaking it off would be the best medicine for your partner. They don't need anybody with an attitude like yours around. When we met, my wife told me she has Addison's Disease. It's where your body can't produce adrenaline. Much stress could, and did, put her in the hospital from time to time. I couldn't get life insurance through my job on her because of this. Now, 17 years later, she also had diabetes and hip problems where I push her in a wheelchair wherever we go and I have to do all the cooking and housework. But did I leave her over her illness? Nope. I'm not that cold.
If you do break up with them, it wouldn't surprise me if you get a thank you note for leaving within a few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or