U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM

32,035 posts, read 20,189,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Have you told him that?
Honestly, there is no point in telling a guy that, it will not change his actions one iota.

He is talking about getting a hotel so you guys can "hang out" in private. Translation: time to bang

And yes, he can afford a hotel, but not taking you to the movies? Why is that? Because it is worth it to him to get the hotel cause he wants to bang. If he takes you to the movies, there is zero chance of that happening.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:41 AM

6,364 posts, read 6,132,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneMeyer View Post
The guy I have been seeing and I have not been on a date. He claims he doesn't have the money. So he ends up at my place and we hang out there. We talked about getting a hotel and hang out there. I have known him for awhile so he is very familiar to me. But there has been no sex yet. Is this actually dating? I feel like if he can afford a hotel he can take me on a date. Am I being unreasonable or old fashioned? How do I get him to take me on a date without making it seem like I want him to spend money on me?
Don't see why not hang out at your place, the park, or any other place other than a hotel. Also, if he doesn't have money and you like him I don't see what stops you from sharing dating expenses making this easier for both of you.

Old Today, 10:43 AM

6,364 posts, read 6,132,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Tell him you're tired of hanging out at your place, it's boring. Ask him to use his imagination to come up with an idea for a free date. You can also think of some ideas, but let him make the first suggestion. It's not that difficult to come up with fun stuff to do for free. If he can't manage something so simple, what's the point of seeing him? Where is this friendship going (that's all it is at this point; a platonic friendship). Do you really want to be stuck with this guy longer-term?

A hotel? Seriously?? What's the hotel for? Do you have roommates you need to get away from, or something? And yeah, if he can pay for a hotel, he can pay for a free date plus a decent lunch, or admission to a museum (many museums have a free admission day, btw), or whatever. But there's nothing wrong with free dates. This guy sounds like a slug, sorry. Not much fun.

Why have you put up with this so long?
Agree. Or she could do all those things you mentioned as well just fine.

Old Today, 02:01 PM

7,646 posts, read 3,006,414 times
Did you offer to pay?!
Weird.
Married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships