Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 03:15 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Sure, and i also realize that 90% of the posts from you, in particular, are about relationships. Yet you keep repping this "I'm good all by myself" stuff. You really don't see the irony in this fact...really?
*Sigh*

Yes I post in the relationships forum...why? Because I want to share my experiences and help those who may be having issues. When I first came here, I was dealing with someone. Now I'm not. I say I'm good by myself because that is true, I am. Did I ever say I never wanted a relationship EVER? No I did not. I don't post asking questions or about my personal life like I did when I first got here. Why? Because I don't have any relationship issues. I've done enough introspection and self reflection to come to my own conclusions about ME.

My experiences come from the pressure and the crap I get for being an "attractive single young woman." I try to keep people from giving into that pressure to date and to control elements they cannot in order to form connections. I know how devastating that is for one's self esteem. I went through it. My perspective comes from what I have seen and encountered from other people regarding my personal life. So before you start accusing me of secretly yearning for a man, dating is not a priority for me. I stayed because of the regulars here, to analyze, discuss, sharpen my problem solving skills, get a look peak into the human mind, etc.

Satisfied?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 03:19 PM

236 posts, read 127,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
*Sigh*

Yes I post in the relationships forum...why? Because I want to share my experiences and help those who may be having issues. When I first came here, I was dealing with someone. Now I'm not. I say I'm good by myself because that is true, I am. Did I ever say I never wanted a relationship EVER? No I did not. I don't post asking questions or about my personal life. Why? Because I don't have any relationship issues. I've done enough introspection and self reflection to come to my own conclusions about who I am.

My experiences come from the pressure and the crap I get for being an "attractive single young woman." I try to keep people from giving into that pressure to date and to control elements they cannot in order to form connections. My perspective comes from what I have seen and encountered from other people regarding my personal life. So before you start accusing me of secretly yearning for a man, dating is not a priority for me. I come here to analyze, give my perspective, sharpen my problem solving skills, get a look peak into the human mind etc.

Satisfied?
*sigh*

Ok, keep on racking up thousands of post in the "relationships" forum and trying convince YOURSELF that you don't want one. That's on you

Old 08-05-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
*sigh*

Ok, keep on racking up thousands of post in the "relationships" forum and trying convince YOURSELF that you don't want one. That's on you
Still trying to figure out where I said I never wanted a relationship....exact words.....you won't find it. Why? Because I never said it.

It's clear you're seeing what you want to see.

Have a good day. We've hijacked this thread enough. This is about the OP, not me.

PS: I find it VERY interesting that you're all in my analytics trying to figure out what I'm doing.

Last edited by Auraliea; 08-05-2019 at 04:07 PM..

Old 08-05-2019, 03:36 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,409 times
Quote:
*sigh*

If she says she doesn't want a relationship, why are you saying she does? Where's the evidence of that?

As a single woman it's very patronising to be told that you must want a man. Personally I want a relationship but when I didn't want one in my 20s I didn't want to be told that I did.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:51 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
If she says she doesn't want a relationship, why are you saying she does? Where's the evidence of that?

As a single woman it's very patronising to be told that you must want a man. Personally I want a relationship but when I didn't want one in my 20s I didn't want to be told that I did.
I have no dog in this fight, but I agree with what you said. I've always been vocal about wanting to be remarried, so it doesn't bother me if someone says I want a woman. Of course I do!

Old 08-05-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:

Carly, you think you i give a ripping flip about what is or isn't patronizing before i post my opinion?

The evidence is in the 7000+ posts

Old 08-05-2019, 05:43 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,409 times
Quote:
Carly, you think you i give a ripping flip about what is or isn't patronizing before i post my opinion?

Well you obviously don't care.

I've only been here several months but everything I've ever read from Auraliea is her saying she's single, she likes being single, she doesn't want a relationship etc etc.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:54 PM

126 posts, read 49,294 times
Quote:

Wow and you do have some free time to read 7000+ posts from someone plus have the time to perform psychoanalysis and know exactly without doubt what someone else really thinks or feels. Amazing, you are very talented

Old 08-05-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Well you obviously don't care.

I've only been here several months but everything I've ever read from Auraliea is her saying she's single, she likes being single, she doesn't want a relationship etc etc.
Don't worry about it Carly. I don't have to explain myself anymore to him. I don't know him and he doesn't know me. He's purposely misconstruing me not prioritizing relationships with not wanting one at all. I never said that, and he's basically arguing over something that doesn't exist. Just let him talk to himself. Like I said it's very interesting how he's literally in my analytics trying to figure out what I have going on. I wonder where his wife is and what would she think about that?

Last edited by Auraliea; 08-05-2019 at 06:03 PM..

Old 08-05-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliampr View Post
Wow and you do have some free time to read 7000+ posts from someone plus have the time to perform psychoanalysis and know exactly without doubt what someone else really thinks or feels. Amazing, you are very talented
Yep, free time lol. How does it to click a profile? Really? Seconds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships