U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 06:07 PM

30 posts, read 5,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Why do women feel worthless unless they're dating? It's sad. It's not like you've got terminal cancer. Enjoy being single. No one to cheat on you, you can do as you wish. I find being single quite pleasant.

She never said she felt worthless. But we human beings are social and sexual creatures and it is natural to want a connection at an intimacy and emotional level. That does not mean she is not happy with herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 06:07 PM

501 posts, read 89,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Don't worry about it Carly. I don't have to explain myself anymore to him. I don't know him and he doesn't know me. He's purposely misconstruing me not prioritizing relationships with not wanting one at all. I never said that, and he's basically arguing over something that doesn't exist. Just let him talk to himself. Like I said it's very interesting how he's literally in my analytics trying to figure out what I have going on. I wonder where his wife is and what would she think about that?

Ah OK, I had got the idea you didn't want one from reading some of what you had written here. But then again I didn't take the time to go through all 7000 of your previous posts. Lol.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:11 PM

5,697 posts, read 4,918,035 times
Giving up on marriage is a defensive mechanism , goes up and down with the times . I have seen it over and over .

don't judge too harshly . one's biological clock is made many women do stupid things only to be stuck in a relationship they did not want.
Single parent mothers don't teach their boys about being a man . chances are they didn't have a good example I their own home growing up , it happens .
Looking for a husband is not the priority . looking for a friend , no horsing around , just some one that understands you and knows our faults and still wants to hang around you . Same goes both ways .
Sometimes looking just to fit a square peg in a hole get's the wrong peg and then try to FIX it to fit and some people don't want to be fixed . Goes both ways too.
People might say they are willing to adjust but if it's not genuine fooling only ones self it rarely works out.
My suggestion is to find an organization that does things for others ,some involvement in the community and let the reputation of what kind of person you are be recognized .
Good thing happen to people that do good things .

Old 08-05-2019, 06:12 PM

30 posts, read 5,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Yep, free time lol. How does it to click a profile? Really? Seconds
Great for you!!! Other people occupy their time working, exercising, traveling, dancing, painting, dating, studying, reading, watching movies, going out with friends, having families, playing an instrument, etc... But to each their own. I guess some people feel happier when they try to belittle other people, so congrats on your hobby. Says more about you than it does about her

Old 08-05-2019, 06:18 PM

158 posts, read 30,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliampr View Post
Great for you!!! Other people occupy their time working, exercising, traveling, dancing, painting, dating, studying, reading, watching movies, going out with friends, having families, playing an instrument, etc... But to each their own. I guess some people feel happier when they try to belittle other people, so congrats on your hobby. Says more about you than it does about her

You sure told me, pat yourself on the back.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:07 PM

952 posts, read 425,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I'm not saying don't date OP if you want to find someone to have kids with. But this is Rubbish. Men on this forum like to throw this idea around that women look past it at 35. I'm mid 30s and still get ID'ed for buying alcohol sometimes. The women I know in their mid 30s do not look middle aged or suddenly become invisible when they hit their mid to late 30s. Maybe if you live in a place like Florida, never heard of sunscreen, put a load of weight on and smoke 20 a day you might look middle aged into your 30s.
It's very common in Texas to look middle aged at 30... At least for caucasians. That's fine, it's due to their genes. But I think they're being unrealistic if they're thinking of dating as wasting time for another decade and settling down in the distant future when they finally find Prince Charming

Old 08-05-2019, 07:16 PM

501 posts, read 89,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthisle View Post
It's very common in Texas to look middle aged at 30... At least for caucasians. That's fine, it's due to their genes. But I think they're being unrealistic if they're thinking of dating as wasting time for another decade and settling down in the distant future when they finally find Prince Charming
Not common where I live. But then the sun doesn't shine much here and there isn't so much junk food as in the US.

I don't think many people see dating as wasting time for a decade. Goodness knows it's not that enjoyable. Most of us who are actively looking would like to find a partner some time soon.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:22 PM

952 posts, read 425,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Not common where I live. But then the sun doesn't shine much here and there isn't so much junk food as in the US.

I don't think many people see dating as wasting time for a decade. Goodness knows it's not that enjoyable. Most of us who are actively looking would like to find a partner some time soon.
Well they certainly don't seem interested in going on dates. For the most part they're just browsing

Old 08-06-2019, 09:28 AM

158 posts, read 30,936 times
I really regret some of the things that I said in this particular thread yesterday. To those two posters i was going back and forth with, I left you reps and apologies for acting that way. Take care guys

Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM

640 posts, read 271,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliampr View Post
She never said she felt worthless. But we human beings are social and sexual creatures and it is natural to want a connection at an intimacy and emotional level. That does not mean she is not happy with herself.
100%

For whatever reason, many people are struggling to understand this fundamental concept and often equate desire for intimacy with being somehow flawed or miserable. Makes no sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or